Author Topic: Madmotorcyclist/Meatman Annual AR Ride  (Read 5794 times)

Offline Landry

• Board Homesteader!
Madmotorcyclist/Meatman Annual AR Ride
« on: September 12, 2006, 03:34:07 PM »
Specifically Joe Grove, and generally everyone else in the area:

My bike is up and running!!  I am ready for our annual ride.

Joe, I know school's started and it's sometimes hard for you to get away, but I *finally* got around to doing my 25K-mile maintenance punch list and I am ready to roll.  I apologize for holding up our schedule this year, but it was unavoidable.  At least it's cool again!

This weekend (the 16th of September) I am hanging a new exterior door, so I can't do it then, but as far as I know I should be free pretty much any other weekend.

We don't have to ride up Crowley's Ridge if we can find something cool nearby, but Crowley's Ridge suits me just fine . . . so whatever you want to do.  :grin:

Sven, 0to60, wtnbandit, anyone else nearby . . . you guys game for a nice one-day cruise over into AR to hit some moderate twisties??  We usually try to meet up around 0800 or so (in Forrest City) and I usually get home between 1600 and 1800.  We usually ride up Crowley's Ridge into Missouri and split from there.  I shoot across the Missouri bootheel, cross the MS River and take Highway 51 home through dyersburg/ripley/covington/munford/millington.

Anyone (and I mean *anyone* . . . hell they let me go, they'll let anyone in  :sad: ) that wants to go is welcome.
Ever noticed that they don't make helmets out of bone? There's a reason.

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 08:47:08 PM »
when is the Ark ride being planned?
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline wtnbandit

• Board Regular!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 10:59:08 PM »
I really appreciate the invite but, pretty much working 7 days a week these days.

Offline Landry

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 10:31:43 AM »
I just heard back from madmotorcyclist.  It looks like it'll be Sept. 30th.

It'd be great if someone joined us!!

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 01:13:57 AM »
Quote from: Landry
I just heard back from madmotorcyclist.  It looks like it'll be Sept. 30th.

It'd be great if someone joined us!!

where can I get the details of the ride?  I'd be interested
John L

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 04:48:01 PM »
please let me know the details.......
John L

Offline madmotorcyclist

• New user!
madmotorcyclist/meatman annual AR ride
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 10:51:24 PM »
Lowryter,

I'm still waiting for a reply from Landry.  We will either meet at the Waffle House just off I-40 in Forrest City and ride the Crowley Ridge Historic Highway, or meet at the Waffle House in Jonesboro (Stadium exit off Highway 63) and ride up through the Ozarks.  In either case, we will meet about 8 a.m., eat breakfast and take off.  Beware, Waffle House is a cash only place.  The date: Saturday, Sept. 30.  We'll firm this up in a few days as to which ride we'll take.

Joe Grove
Jonesboro, AR

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 11:18:22 PM »
Hey guys, the 30th sounds doable at this point.  Never know what might come up between now and then, but I'll pencil it in.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 01:38:17 AM »
Don't know about that one....I am coming form the west and you're way in the east.  Is this one day ride?  I might be able to meet you somewhere in the Ozarks or perhaps do an overnight.  Were you guys at the Banditfest in Bull Shoals last year?
John L

Offline Landry

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 09:33:53 AM »
I'm back.

I had to go to Chattanooga for a class.  I apologize for any aggravation my absence may have caused you guys.  :sad:

It looks like I won't be able to do an overnighter this time, but next spring I'm hoping to be able to make one!  I'm in the middle of doing some work on the house (replacing facia/soffet boards, new exterior doors, painting, etc., wah, wah), so I really need to take advantage of the weather at this point.

Anyway . . .

The 30th is DEFINITELY doable for a one-day, and the Ozarks sound good to me.  

Sven: How about we meet up at the Pyramid on the 30th at 0615 hrs?  That should give us enough time to make Jonesboogie with about 15 minutes of freeboard in case one of us has to crap on the way or something.  :lol:

Lowryter: Sorry for my lack of response.  They had connectivity at the hotel (Chattanooga ChooChoo Holiday Inn, nice play to stay . . . beds were hard though), but I was having too much fun to remember the internet (recently quit drinking . . . enjoying sober life) so I didn't realize someone was waiting for more info.  No, I haven't made any BanditFests, but they sound nice.  Too bad you're so far away.  A one-day trip isn't worth it (to me, at least) if you have to super slab for 2-3 hours each way just to hit some twisty roads with some other riders.

Anyone else:  I'm telling you, we ride at a brisk pace and have fun without wicking it up to the point of danger . . . if anyone'd like to join us, feel free.  We ain't picky (hell, they let me come along, so . . . ).

I just got back into the office . . . phone's slammed with messages, I owe 3 different people (at least) their permits, so I have to get to work. I'll try to check back in later today.

Joe: I'm going to send you an email either today or tomorrow to touch bases on where the Joneboro Waffle House is and what-not.  It'll be good to see you again.  :grin: I'm looking forward to it (as always).

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 02:23:18 PM »
Quote from:
Sven: How about we meet up at the Pyramid on the 30th at 0615 hrs?  That should give us enough time to make Jonesboogie with about 15 minutes of freeboard in case one of us has to crap on the way or something.  :lol:

Ow lawd that's early!  I'm willing to give it a shot.  Not too worried about needing to make a pit stop, though.

Not sure how we can do "the Ozarks" in a day...that's pretty far across the state.  But I'm willing to play it by ear.

Offline Landry

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 02:44:19 PM »
The Ozarks are pretty close to Joneboro.  Once we meet up with Joe (madmotorcyclist) we should be right on top of the foothills.

No poop, eh?  :wink:

I'll get back to you as the date approaches.  :grin:

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 03:52:57 PM »
I go to J'boro all the time, and my Dad/Stepmother live in Horseshoe Bend.  I guess I think of the Ozarks as starting around Mountain View and going over that way.  So if nothing else, we'll go some places I might not have seen before.

Offline madmotorcyclist

• New user!
madmotorcyclist/meatman annual AR ride
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 06:54:44 PM »
Okay, now that I've heard from Landry, here are the details: We'll meet at the Jonesboro Waffle House at 8 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 30.  Take the Stadium exit off of highway 63 and it will be on the northwest corner.  The Stadium exit is on the east side of Jonesboro.  As far as I'm concerned, the Ozarks start at Black Rock, which is about 20 miles from Jonesboro.  I suggest we take highway 63 to Mammoth Springs which is right on the Missouri border; take highway 9 to Mt. View; take highway 14 to Batesville; take highway 167 to Cave City; take 115 to Inboden, and take highway 63 back to Jonesboro.  If my calculations are correct, that will be 239 miles of which all but 40 will be in the Ozarks.

Joe Grove
Jonesboro, AR

Offline Landry

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 09:25:52 AM »
Hmmmmm . . . 239 miles, eh?  So, by my calculations (let's see, carry the one . . . ) that should take about an hour and a half.  :wink:

I keed, I keed.  :grin:

Sounds great to me.

We should all touch bases in this thread Thursday to make sure no snaffoos have arisen.  

Sven, I'll be parked in front of the Ramses statue at the Pyramid @ 0615 Saturday, September 30.  I'll be the short dude with the dark brown hair (assuming I still have some in two weeks) on a dirty, black 600S.  

I say that as if there's going to be 100 dudes waiting around on motorcycles.  :duh: