Author Topic: Sept.18 @ Nelson Ledges  (Read 2719 times)

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Sept.18 @ Nelson Ledges
« on: July 23, 2006, 08:18:12 AM »
I'll be doing the race school while my brother(s) do the street school @ Nelson Ledges road course Mon.,Sept 18th. If anyone wants to join in the fun and good learning log onto Fastone.com for order form.  Dan

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
update
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 07:10:02 PM »
The day went great at Nelson Ledges.Went fast,nobody crashed,my brother had a great time on his ZRX 1200 in the other class.Complements from my instructors and my tires held up well.
  I was intisapating rain,so I left my higher street gearing on and chose my Conti street tires over my used 208GPs. I was impressed by the way they stuck and wore. About 170 miles (hard,fast miles) and the Conti's shown little wear compaired to what My Dunlops would have looked like. It actully didn't rain till the end of the day,and I had brought the 208s mountd on rims,but there was no need to chage them.
  A friend from OH showed up to watch,he comes along when he can. And he offered up his "87" 500 Intercepter to turn into a track bike for next yr. I'll split the cost and do the wireing,put on some good rubber. Looks like I might be racing next yr.  :motorsmile:

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Re: update
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 11:15:05 AM »
="smooth operator"]The day went great at Nelson Ledges.Went fast,nobody crashed,my brother had a great time on his ZRX 1200 in the other class.Complements from my instructors and my tires held up well.
  I was intisapating rain,so I left my higher street gearing on and chose my Conti street tires over my used 208GPs. I was impressed by the way they stuck and wore. About 170 miles (hard,fast miles) and the Conti's shown little wear compaired to what My Dunlops would have looked like. It actully didn't rain till the end of the day,and I had brought the 208s mountd on rims,but there was no need to chage them.
  A friend from OH showed up to watch,he comes along when he can. And he offered up his "87" 500 Intercepter to turn into a track bike for next yr. I'll split the cost and do the wireing,put on some good rubber. Looks like I might be racing next yr.  :motorsmile:
:worthless:  :worthless:  :stickpoke:  :thanks:  :thanks:  :bigok:

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Sept.18 @ Nelson Ledges
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 08:06:37 PM »
Sorry Reg, I was either in the class room or on the bike all day. Had different things or turns I was working on all day. And didn't even think about it. I was in the focussed mode.   Dan

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Sept.18 @ Nelson Ledges
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 12:31:34 AM »
Just kiddin!! I wouldn't expect you to miss any of what you were there to do! :motorsmile: Hard workin tile setters got to ride when they can. :motorsmile: Glad the tires worked for ya and you got out of there with the rubber being the only thing that touched the road!! Except your knee sliders maybe.  :bigok:  :bigok: :motorsmile: