Author Topic: 2000 bandit Horn, replacement?  (Read 3874 times)

Offline elbandido

• Board Homesteader!
2000 bandit Horn, replacement?
« on: October 23, 2006, 01:16:58 AM »
Hi All,

After a minor lowside, I damaged my horn, and isn't working anymore.
I was wondering if I can just pick up a new horn at any local auto shop
or do I have to go directly to the dealership for a replacement.  Can anyone give me some tips?  Are they easy to replace?

:motorsmile:
elbandido :thanks:
2000 bandit 600

Offline 00to60

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 03:16:51 AM »
It's a matter of the male plug in part of the horn fitting in the Bandit's female end of the plug in. I replace my horn with a universal chrome cruiser horn that was a little bigger. It works, but I had to use a little force to plug it in. :wink:
The only thing that matters is how fast you can get from 0 to 60, because top speed is secondary

Offline Slider

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 10:35:59 PM »
Too bad there isn't a better replacement. The Bandit horn has such a pathetic little squalk. In the old days Canadian Tire up here in Beaver Land used to sell something called a "Maserati Air Horn", tho 'twasn't made by Maserati. The compressor tucked under the seat of some bikes and the twin trumpets mounted on either side of the bike. These kids had lungs that even the Valium Princess' notice. I guess the problem is with a big horn is that their addled behaviour becomes even less predicable with something that wakes them out of their stupor. :gatlin

Before anyone accuses me of being sexist, know this. Twice in my life I thought it was 'game over' on a bike with a 10 cent horn. Both would be assasins were from the above catagory and both looked me straight in the eye in the process... no malice... jus the lights were on but nobody home.
Both were in my lane...one head on rode me right into the ditch and the other U turn was my closest, highest Stoppie I have ever done... and I Only do these to live.
Bandit 12, Yoshi can, jets, KNN, Gen Mar risers, 3 Givi 36L hardbags

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 10:56:55 PM »
Two words...... Stebel Nautilus.

The best horn out there - 'nuff said.   :banana:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 02:09:17 AM »

Offline Grissom

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 12:05:53 PM »
Which do you guys have, high or low tone horn?

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
Cheap solution
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 10:20:51 AM »
JC Whitney - fits just fine if you bend the mounting tab a bit.  About the only thing from JCW I would put on my Bandit... :annoy:
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline Have Blue

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 09:05:11 PM »
If you want a real horn, here ya go,
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2137/?gclid=COWvot_HsYgCFQtwVAod2iBUhg

No longer will you get a blank stare when you set off this bomb in the face of a sleeping cager.  LOL

Blue
03 B12 S
79 XS400