Author Topic: Adjusting height of brake/shift levers.  (Read 2348 times)

Offline vadim

• Board Homesteader!
Adjusting height of brake/shift levers.
« on: April 24, 2006, 11:30:05 AM »
I just got new boots (Icon Motorhead) and while they are excellent in most respects the height of the boot and thickness of the sole make it quite a pain to work the brakes and shift.  My right shin is killing me from having to raise the toe so high.  Is it difficult to adjust the height of the brake pedal?  I hope this will help, though I still don't know what to do with the gear shift lever.  If I raise it, it's going to be easier to get under but more difficult to downshift.  And vice versa..  Any suggestions?  After spending 150 bucks on the boots I don't feel like getting new ones again...

Thanks!

-Vadim
'01 600s

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Adjusting height of brake/shift levers.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 11:40:45 AM »
You should be able to adjust pedal height some with the rod going into the master cylinder.
With the shifter, you'll just need to find the best compromise.

Now you've learned something to look for in your next pair of riding footwear. :duh:
You've now earned 1 more credit towards your degree from the University of Hard Knocks.  :stickpoke:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Have Blue

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Adjusting height of brake/shift levers.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 01:00:27 PM »
I find the limit to how high I can raise the shift and rear brake pedal is
the clearance between the sole of my boot and the lever/pedal when my feet are in their normal position on the pegs.  I dont want them so high that I have my foot resting on either enough to inadvertantly engage them.

Blue

Quote from: "vadim"
I just got new boots (Icon Motorhead) and while they are excellent in most respects the height of the boot and thickness of the sole make it quite a pain to work the brakes and shift.  My right shin is killing me from having to raise the toe so high.  Is it difficult to adjust the height of the brake pedal?  I hope this will help, though I still don't know what to do with the gear shift lever.  If I raise it, it's going to be easier to get under but more difficult to downshift.  And vice versa..  Any suggestions?  After spending 150 bucks on the boots I don't feel like getting new ones again...

Thanks!

-Vadim
03 B12 S
79 XS400