Author Topic: b12 clutch adjusment  (Read 2569 times)

Offline ZipTi

• Board Homesteader!
b12 clutch adjusment
« on: September 14, 2005, 09:38:47 PM »
I did a search but nothing found on clutch freeplay, my 97 b12 engages or disengages all the way out or at the end of the levers travel, clutch doesn't slip. My question is can I some way get the engagement point any closer to the h-bar? I know the hydraulics are "self" adjusting but surely there is a way to move the point of engagemnet? tia
e
97' b12 (ZipTi) Rental fatbars, 407lbs, 520 conversion, CRG levers & mirror, FoxShox & motoCD forks, EBC HH's & Rotors, Goodridge SS lines, Trail Tech 8" headlamp, Vepor gauge/computer, all Titanium hardware, unbraced rear caliper stay, Alloy Subframe, Monster seat, 707  racing axles, GSXR blue, 70k miles...
98' GSF1200 bagger (Junior) ready to roll....

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
b12 clutch adjusment
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 10:43:20 PM »
To my knowledge, there is no way of adjusting the hyd. clutch. We have tried for years to figure out a way to make adjustments for dragracing. I have cut the clutch rods off, changed the stack height on the clutch plates, without any success. I have always swapped mine over to cable clutch for that reason.
If any one figures out how to do it, please post, I would sure like to know how.
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline jfudo

• Board Homesteader!
b12 clutch adjusment
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 11:21:34 AM »
I know how.  Take the lever off and bend it.  Be careful, they are quite brittle as I discovered when I tried to straighten my wife's after I parked her bike facing downhill and it rolled of the stand  :duh:

Offline tacoman

• Board Homesteader!
clutch
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 02:29:23 PM »
Have you bled your clutch lately?  You can try redrilling the pivot hole for different leverage.  I've never tried this on the bandit, only on off road bikes to reduce clutch pull.