Author Topic: Canadian OEM parts  (Read 2523 times)

Offline zeffer111

• Board Regular!
Canadian OEM parts
« on: June 03, 2008, 05:19:14 PM »
Where do my fellow Canadians buy their OEM parts?
Do you buy them at the local Suzuki shop? On-line?

I got some price quotes for parts at the local shop and they are double what I see at bikebandit.com or cheapcycleparts.com.
The problem with these places is that I get killed with the shipping.

Is there a better place for a Canadian to buy parts online?

thanks

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Canadian OEM parts
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:52:13 PM »
sad as it is to say it seems that i end up biting the bullet on shipping. The local Suzuki dealer tells me the prices I quote him from the US are less than his costs. I doupt it, but such is the way if the world.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline BANDIT#999

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 10:16:25 PM »
Zeffer, when you look at parts from South of the border INSIST on them being sent by USPS, not UPS, FedEX, Purolator or any other Courier. Couriers have a nasty habit of F*****G you over for brokerage fees. The fees can sometimes equal or exceed the original cost of the item.  :yikes:
You can always ask the sender to clearly state "Warranty Return" for the item on the package, this will usually avoid any taxes or duties.
Bigger companies may or may not do it, but it cost nothing to ask.  :duh:
Individuals that you purchase stuff from on eBay may do this too.
What ever you choose to do, good luck, but remember, STAY AWAY FROM THE EVIL COURIERS, they are vile, corrupt, and not very nice people!  :rant2:
If tomorrow really is the first day of the rest of my life..........does that mean all the shit I do today don't count?

Offline zeffer111

• Board Regular!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 09:32:21 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys,

It looks like we're stuck ordering online it seems.

What are you favorite sites for OEM parts? Is there only bikebandit.com or cheapcycleparts.com?

Offline SteveM

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 10:00:29 AM »
I've used Oneida Suzuki in the past with excellent results shipped to me in Canada.

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2006 Bandit 650S