Author Topic: Question? Need part # and source?  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Wooddog

• Board Homesteader!
Question? Need part # and source?
« on: October 05, 2005, 11:29:11 PM »
I saw a guy who had came up with a good idea for a poor mans cruise control. It worked like this: he had found a very large rubber O Ring and slid it over the bar end and onto the throttle grip, when he got to his set speed on the open road of course. He would roll (slide) the O ring down the grip to the space inbetween the grip and the bar end. He said it worked perfectly and it was not so tight that you couldnt twist the throttle in case of an emergency (like a dog or deer jumping out in front of you.) I think he said he found it at a Tractor Supply, or farm implement business some where that would have large O-rings like for hydraulic lines. He was Riding a Kawasaki concours. I didnt think much about it at the time but on second thought a $1.00- oring, if I could find the right size would be a heck of a deal! I bet there is some one on the bandit board that knows?
Wooddog- CMA
2002-BANDIT 1200s

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 11:36:51 PM »
I've heard of it - and it's a pretty common mod for most any bike. I've even heard if you go to a CAT dealer, you can get it in yellow so it's easier to see. Don't have any p/n's for you tho.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Grissom

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 12:50:44 AM »
Cat P/N 8M-4991

I tried it on a trip this summer and it only worked marginally for me, but what can you expect for a few bucks.

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 05:02:24 AM »
Two words -------> Throttle Rocker http://www.throttlerocker.com/

Offline Grissom

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 11:10:03 AM »
The Throttle Rocker does help alot, however it is nice to be able to occasionally relax my right hand/arm completely.

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 11:07:56 PM »
You need a Harley, then you could use the throttle lock, so you can take your hands off the bars, lean back, and prop your feet up on the tank while going 65 mph down I-10.  LOL!

Just joshin' ya.  :stickpoke:

The death grip does get old and crampy...