Author Topic: Fuel pipes!  (Read 2296 times)

Offline AngryInca

• New user!
Fuel pipes!
« on: October 21, 2009, 08:47:45 AM »
Hi Folks,

I took the tank off my '91 Bandit 400 for the first time this week whilst I was at college, and got a bit stuck reconnecting the pipes. I didn't have the service manual with me, which didn't help.

If I look at the tank from the gear-changing side, at the moment, I have the fuel line connected to the right hand side of the fuel cock, and the vacuum hose connected to the underside of the tank, and the pipe that clips onto the the top of the air filter box not connected to anything :)

I have a spare pipe now :) Its running, so I think I have it mostly right.  I think the pipe that's totally disconnected is a breather pipe I think, or the water overflow from the tank. Its the pipe that clips into the top of the air filter box. I don't know where this pipe goes!

From looking at the service manual I think the fuel tap has two connections on it.  The right hand one is the fuel, the left hand one is the vacuum hose.  Further under the tank there is a vertical connection, I can't really see a good picture of this in the manual.

Can anyone tell me how my pipes should be please?

Thanks in advance!

Offline AngryInca

• New user!
Re: Fuel pipes!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 08:50:08 AM »
Crap!

Just realised I made my first post in the wrong forum! Sorry!

Offline mosquito

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Fuel pipes!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 03:05:02 PM »
Get the PDF of the manual in the downloads section, that way you never have to be without it.

And then... look at the routing diagrams near the end.  I'm not sure what you have disconnected, but...

- The breather hose connects the breather to the airbox and is big-ish.  (1-ish cm diameter)

- The carb vent hose goes from the top of the carbs and goes over the airbox and connects to nothing and is big-ish.  (1-ish cm diameter)

- The connections on the petcock are different-sized:  big for fuel, small for vacuum