Author Topic: gsxr 400 carb pipes (gk73a)  (Read 4263 times)

Offline fireblade

• New user!
gsxr 400 carb pipes (gk73a)
« on: February 05, 2012, 06:13:41 PM »
hi again peeps  :thumb: tried to download manuals of other sites with no luck :( wish i just got a gsxr 6 now lol wright  any1 out there that can please tell me what pipes of the carbs go where i know this much 1 is a main fuel pipe 1 is a over flow and vacuum but witch one is witch that come of the carbs ????  :duh: and if any1 could tell me where the fan wires connect :)  :beers: thanks

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
Re: gsxr 400 carb pipes (gk73a)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:29:56 PM »
Give the download another go as it take F'in aes due to the size.
On the carbs you have a top rail (breather) lower rail (fuel supply) and then the vacuum running from the top (small diameter pipe). You should always fit the airbox to the carbs while they are off the bike and then fit the carbs and airbox together.
This may seem odd but it is the correct way and twice as fast as taking the airbox off leaving the carbs on, the air box is a mare to fit after the carbs are on.

Offline fireblade

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 07:12:10 PM »
hi there matey you are a gu ru  :congrats: the airbox n carb set up you told me sounddsssss sweeeet iv already tried it with carbs on what a joke that is lol so will be taking carbs of 2moz :) whayy  :beers: goin back on 400grey and goin to find my way around the site  :duh: . just to confirm tho dude it is the little metal appiture under the middle of the tank that is the breather ? and the 2 on the fuel tap are main feed and vac ? thanks again mate for you rapid replies and your BLOODY good mechanic skills  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 06:07:27 AM »
The petrol tap has fuel and vacuum, the conection under the tank is an over flow from the fuel cap, this just runs thro a pipe down to the rear right of the motor. The breather from the carbs runs up the air box, end is open.