Author Topic: Help w/the Remote  (Read 4045 times)

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
Help w/the Remote
« on: March 17, 2005, 07:29:14 PM »
I don't mean the TV remove :monkeymoon:  I'm installing a garage door opener on my B12 but I can't get the thing to work properly. I have it programmed properly. I checked 3 times. The thing is made by Moto-Edge. It will open the garage door about 1 foot and then it stops. It will not lower the door at all. It causes the light to flash on the garage door opener each time the button is pressed but it does not work fully. I am sorta simple w/ electronics. Suggestions ? Please and thanks.

Gary

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Help w/the Remote
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 08:51:11 PM »
Any links to the Moto-Edge opener??  Sounds like it may not be compatible with your main unit.  There are several types of security features on the market today.  Genie has two that I know of and really three if the opener is very old.  Some use a fixed code with dip switches and others generate a random code each time.  The two systems are not interchangeable.

I would make sure the basics were covered....  nothing blocking the electronic eye, OEM remote works, etc.  You could always modify an OEM remote to work with with a hidden switch as posted before the BBS hiccup.

Beyond that I'm am purely guessing.....
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
Help w/the Remote
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 10:00:11 PM »
I've checked the website. It doesn't offer any tech support. I have a moore-o-matic opener that works properly w/ the OEM remote. I may end up wiring one of my OEM openers w/a remote switch. I have the dip switch type of opener.

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Help w/the Remote
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 11:44:53 PM »
I found where you can email them with technical questions off of the "desctiption" page....  try this link..

http://www.moto-edge.com/description.htm
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
Help w/the Remote
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 01:28:42 AM »
COOL. Thanks a bunch. :thanks:

Offline chippi

• Board Homesteader!
Help w/the Remote
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 01:04:20 AM »
Hey WEINERDOGBONE did you get this working? I never thought to look for a "motorcycle" garage opener. I was just going to find the smallest one from the Home Depot and tape it somewere. Would probably cost about the same either way and this would be much easer to use than my first thought.
Learn from other peoples mistakes...... or you won't be around long enough to make them all yourself!

Offline Banditboy600

• Board Homesteader!
Help w/the Remote
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 09:32:07 AM »
I wrapped my opener in rubber shelfing material, and vecroed it underneath my seat, works great!  Best mod yet!  I can open my door from over fifty feet away.  I have a radio shack push buttom underneath the leftside fairing.
Kevin R
'02 Bandit 600S (sold)
'05 FZ1 silver

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
Help w/the Remote
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 06:42:24 PM »
I never did get that P.O.S. to work. I ended up putting a regular remote in my tank bag and left it at that. I really liked the idea of wiring a button to my handlebars and that was the thing that attracted me to the remote that I bought originally. The company sold me a junk remote and they didn't respond to any correspondence. Lesson learned. :sad: