Author Topic: jet kit, air/fuel mixture and carb syncing  (Read 2386 times)

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
jet kit, air/fuel mixture and carb syncing
« on: September 11, 2005, 11:16:55 PM »
I added a Holeshot exhaust and soon after a holeshot jet kit.  I found out a few things.  1. Is to not use the choke after the jet kit and do a carb sync.  I noticed that after installing a jet kit and attempting to use the choke resulted in bad results.  Replacing the plugs and air filter fixed those problems.  I had a dyno run done on the bike and they told me that the bike was close, but went a tad rich in the mid to higher range, so the reading said.  I asked different people how I could how the readings looked, but always got the same answer, "It looks close".  Well define close!  I have a book that I print tuff from the net about any Bandit stuff.  Well after reading it, I finally found some info that explained what ranges it should be  for horsepower and fuel economy.  I don't have the #'s with me, but I can post it to those interested.  I am close, but now I understand what I am looking for and quite possibily try to fine tune it a bit better.  2.  The second thing I figured out was to sync the carbs.  It still lopes a bit, but runs much smoother after warmed up.  I did have a problem after messing with the carb and syncing them.  After the first run around the block, it ran great.  I ran it the next day and it started to give me problems idling and on the low end below 4k rpm's.  After reaching my destination, I noticed fuel coming out of my #4 carb bowl.  I figured that I will deal with it after I come back out.  When I came out my crank case breather line going to my airbox was disconnected and fuel coming out.  So I took the plug off the drain line and a bunch of fuel came out.  I also took my #4 bowl off and checked the float and worked as advertised.  I then put it all back together and ran great after that, actually even better.  I am thinking that something got stuck and flooded the airbox.  It was a very strange experience.  :roll:
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!