Author Topic: Lesson learned  (Read 2785 times)

Offline bridge

• TURBO TYPER!
Lesson learned
« on: May 31, 2005, 07:11:13 PM »
I got careless and dropped my, previously unscathed, bike while turning around on a hill, stopped...yada, yada, yada.

I screwed up and need some parts. Looked at Ron ayers and a few Aothers , just hoping to find something cheaper.

Need: '02 600

Left turn signals front and rear. (I could get by with the black pieces only. Lens or bulbs didn't break)

Clutch lever.

Most sites showing $35-$38 each.

Used Ok with me. Anyone know a good site?

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Lesson learned
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 08:43:07 PM »
Somebody on the board may be willing to sell some old ones they took off, or you might find some take-offs on Ebay.
 :motorsmile:

Youmight be able to find aftermarket levers for the 600, on Ebay, or at a large online store.   I'm not sure there are the fit problems we have with the 1200.  (Hydraulic clutch)
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline bridge

• TURBO TYPER!
Lesson learned
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 09:09:31 PM »
Thanks Pete.

The back one is cracked on top. I could probably get away without replacing it(unless it get wet)

These signals look to be two pieces, but the parts breakdown doesn't show them to be. I'm assuming you have to change by going underneath the fairng?

Stupid mistake, and I guess I got off light.. It does have me thinking about frame protectors or engine guards(scraped the housing a little).

Offline tacoman

• Board Homesteader!
dings
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 02:45:37 PM »
not a big deal, most B6s have scars somewhere.  I saw factory replacement signals in Dennis Kirk's last catalog.  I didn't check the price though.