Author Topic: MIRROR EXTENDERS.....AND MIRRORS WITH LIGHTS IN THEM.....1200S.....  (Read 7897 times)

Offline GETFURIOUS

• CAPS LOCK IS STUCK
  • Board Homesteader!
I WAS LOOKING AT SOME MIRROR EXTENDERS ON EBAY AND ON DALE WALKER'S WEBSITE.....

BOTH SAY THAT THEY ARE MADE OF "DELRIN".....WHATEVER DELRIN IS?....

BOTH LOOK THE SAME.....

THE EBAY PRICE IS $25.00.....AND DALE'S PRICE IS $50.00.....IS THERE A VENDOR ON HERE WHO SELLS THEM AT A COMPETETIVE (CHEAP :grin:) PRICE.....

DOES ANYBODY HERE HAVE A SET ON THEIR BIKE?....IF SO.....PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THEM.....

DO YOU LIKE THEM?....DO THEY PLACE THE MIRRORS PAST YOUR ARMS?....DO THEY LOOK GOOD, FAIR, OKAY?....

ALSO.....HAVE ANY OF YOU TRIED THE AFTER-MARKET MIRRORS WITH THE TURN SIGNALS BUILT INTO THEM?....

WOULD YOU RECOMMEND ANY OF THEM?....

THANKS.....
2001 BANDIT 1200S - MY DOCTOR ALWAYS SAYS, TAKE A SHOT OF B-12 AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING!  I LOVE MY DOCTOR!

W-T-B - AFTERMARKET CHROME/POLISHED WHEELS-LIKE THESE-http://www.exoticsportbike.com/star2.htm

Offline gunzip

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: MIRROR EXTENDERS.....AND MIRRORS WITH LIGHTS IN THEM.....1200S.....
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 08:36:13 AM »
I've got the mirror extenders on my 07 bandit 1250 and highly recommend them, the bike was unsafe for me to ride without them. Several times cars would come up behind me and i did not even know they were there with the stock setup.
  I would also be interested in combo mirror and turn signals ala gsxr style , then I could put 20 watt  lights into my OEM turn signals for running lights.  I am all about visibility

Offline GETFURIOUS

• CAPS LOCK IS STUCK
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 09:39:28 PM »
I've got the mirror extenders on my 07 bandit 1250 and highly recommend them, the bike was unsafe for me to ride without them. Several times cars would come up behind me and i did not even know they were there with the stock setup.
  I would also be interested in combo mirror and turn signals ala gsxr style , then I could put 20 watt  lights into my OEM turn signals for running lights.  I am all about visibility
COOL.....WHERE DID YOU BUY YOURS?....

ALSO.....I SAW SOME MIRRORS WITH LIGHTS ON EBAY.....AND I EMAILED A FEW QUESTIONS TO THE SELLER.....

BUT THE SELLER WILL NOT RESPOND TO QUESTIONS FROM PERSPECTIVE BUYERS.....

A COUPLE OF FRIENDS EMAILED THE SELLER AS WELL.....BUT NO RESPONSE.....(I GUESS BUSINESS IS TOO GOOD).....

I LIKE HAVING A LOT OF LIGHTS ALSO.....I JUST LOVE THE WAY THAT THEY LOOK AT NIGHT..... :motorsmile:
2001 BANDIT 1200S - MY DOCTOR ALWAYS SAYS, TAKE A SHOT OF B-12 AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING!  I LOVE MY DOCTOR!

W-T-B - AFTERMARKET CHROME/POLISHED WHEELS-LIKE THESE-http://www.exoticsportbike.com/star2.htm

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 09:48:36 PM »
get furious which seller was it? I know that one guy we ordered from was terrible with responses but had stuff at great prices. He also mailed things out in a timely manner.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline GETFURIOUS

• CAPS LOCK IS STUCK
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 02:56:41 AM »
get furious which seller was it? I know that one guy we ordered from was terrible with responses but had stuff at great prices. He also mailed things out in a timely manner.

HIS EBAY SCREEN NAME IS.....jagmotorcycle.....

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 03:25:11 PM »

Delrin (DuPont's trade name for Polyoxymethylene) is the thermoplastic material they make frame sliders from.
Check out the Wikipedia article to see some of the many other things Delrin is used for.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 04:10:44 PM »
Yep jagmotors is where we got some stuff. I ordered some brake reservoirs fluid caps and he shipped them out within a few days. The mirrors with the integrated lights went on my other half's 99 gsxr 750, he says he likes them- in his words "they are good..the base is bit gay, has a rubber boot to cover it as it is slotted to fit many bikes."
I'm guessing he is insanely busy which is why he doesn't respond to questions and just processes orders, annoying yes, cheap..yes as well.
There is evidently somebody that mounted them using the stock mirror bases to get a cleaner more OEM look. Haven't tried that yet but worth a thought.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 04:12:20 PM by mademiriam »
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 04:59:24 PM »
ALSO.....HAVE ANY OF YOU TRIED THE AFTER-MARKET MIRRORS WITH THE TURN SIGNALS BUILT INTO THEM?....

THANKS.....

My son tried some Emgo ones that were real cheap - and as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for - they were total junk!!

We ended up adapting a set of GSXR1000 mirrors to his 1G B12 and put them on where the stock blinker poked thru the fairing.  (There wasn't anywhere on a 1G's fairing where the Gixxer mirrors would work.)
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline GETFURIOUS

• CAPS LOCK IS STUCK
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 11:44:11 PM »

Delrin (DuPont's trade name for Polyoxymethylene) is the thermoplastic material they make frame sliders from.
Check out the Wikipedia article to see some of the many other things Delrin is used for.

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION.....IT IS NICE TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW.....

Yep jagmotors is where we got some stuff. I ordered some brake reservoirs fluid caps and he shipped them out within a few days. The mirrors with the integrated lights went on my other half's 99 gsxr 750, he says he likes them- in his words "they are good..the base is bit gay, has a rubber boot to cover it as it is slotted to fit many bikes."
I'm guessing he is insanely busy which is why he doesn't respond to questions and just processes orders, annoying yes, cheap..yes as well.
There is evidently somebody that mounted them using the stock mirror bases to get a cleaner more OEM look. Haven't tried that yet but worth a thought.

COOL.....ONE OF THE THINGS THAT I WANTED TO KNOW IS.....ARE THEY THE SAME LENGTH AS THE STOCK MIRRORS?....SINCE I AM ALREADY HAVING TROUBLE SEEING PAST MY SHOULDERS NOW.....

THANKS.....

THANKS.....

My son tried some Emgo ones that were real cheap - and as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for - they were total junk!!

We ended up adapting a set of GSXR1000 mirrors to his 1G B12 and put them on where the stock blinker poked thru the fairing.  (There wasn't anywhere on a 1G's fairing where the Gixxer mirrors would work.)

I HAVE A PERFECT SET OF MIRRORS OFF OF A 2006 GSXR 1000.....BUT THE ANGLE OF THE MIRROR MOUNT IS NOT USEFUL WITH THE BANDIT MOUNTING ANGLE.....

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS ON HOW TO OVERCOME THIS ISSUE?....

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 06:46:50 AM »

COOL.....ONE OF THE THINGS THAT I WANTED TO KNOW IS.....ARE THEY THE SAME LENGTH AS THE STOCK MIRRORS?....SINCE I AM ALREADY HAVING TROUBLE SEEING PAST MY SHOULDERS NOW.....

THANKS.....

I will get the better half to measure them for you, I always laugh at stock mirrors which are so often clunky and then completely fail at the job they were supposed to do. (unless one is supposed to be constantly aware of ones shoulder)
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 10:08:21 AM »
I can only assume.... since this problem has been going on for decades now... that all Japanese motorcycle mirror engineers are 14" wide.   :wink:

Offline GETFURIOUS

• CAPS LOCK IS STUCK
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 10:23:30 AM »
I can only assume.... since this problem has been going on for decades now... that all Japanese motorcycle mirror engineers are
14" wide.   :wink:

R-O-T-F-L-M-A-O.....

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 12:21:27 AM »

I HAVE A PERFECT SET OF MIRRORS OFF OF A 2006 GSXR 1000.....BUT THE ANGLE OF THE MIRROR MOUNT IS NOT USEFUL WITH THE BANDIT MOUNTING ANGLE.....

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS ON HOW TO OVERCOME THIS ISSUE?....

That's the same sort of thing we ran into on his bike.  I removed the fairing mount piece from the inboard ends of the arms and ran a bolt thru the hole in the end of each arm into brackets I made to adapt them to the fairing support frame where the turn signals mounted.  Keep in mind, his bike is a 1G, so it's a lot different than the newer ones in this regard.  It did put the mirrors low, but he runs a drag bar and rides in a more sportbike position, so this actually worked out well for him.  I'm not sure I'd like them that low, but he likes it and that's what matters most.
 :bandit:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline GETFURIOUS

• CAPS LOCK IS STUCK
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 09:18:44 AM »
GOOD INFORMATION.....

BUT I FEAR THAT THEY WILL NEVER WORK ON MY 2G UNLESS I CAN HAVE SOMEONE FABRICATE SOME MOUNTING BRACKETS.....

I DON'T THINK THAT IT WOULD BE COST EFFECTIVE TO DO SO.....

SO MY SEARCH CONTINUES.....

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 02:43:19 AM »
For rear view mirrors, the best thing that I have came across is bar end mirrors.  I got the round ones and I can see so well, that I can see some stuff on my right side using my left mirror.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=MRX_MBM2&tier2=14
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 02:45:40 AM by solman »
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!