Author Topic: rough as  (Read 2030 times)

Offline slo coach

• Board Homesteader!
rough as
« on: December 15, 2005, 05:13:52 AM »
did a 700km trip on ,tuesday...bike ran perfect from one end of the country tot the other,had a pack on the back,was in company with 2 other bikes,so there was a reasonable amount of up and down through the gears and no constant throttle settings on the long straights,

came back next day with one of the kids on the back,and one of my other boy driving his 4x4 with a 3 ,bike trailer behind it,and i spent about 400kns  waiting for my beloved bike to break down .

on the long straights into a big head wind,and the extra weight of my daughtha airbox opened up a bitheory is the bike needed slightly more throttle on ,the way back than on the way down,and ridding conservatley trying to keep the bike on a steady 4500 rpms on the long straights to avoid all the bloody police cars with radars its problems began.

it felt for sure it was    flat    which went to     flatter     then like,it was starting to run out of gas   then to a flutter,then if i rollede the throttle on it cleared itself and bolted through to high revs every time,and this was trying to keep it on a steaddy speed,if i went into ridding with other bikes mode, such as opening and closing the throttle it ran perfect,steady throttle setting i would never believed it could run so badly

its a 03 s 1200 with one up on the needles,110 mains,a pipe ,and the a/f screws opened up,andair box opened up,any ideas for misfire on fixed throttle position.....cheers      slo coach

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
rough as
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 11:52:28 AM »
That definitely sounds like jetting.  If I had to guess, my money would be on the needle pos needs a change on the clip position.  Sounds like your pilots and main are working great, but the midrange (needle clip position) is off...

Others will add to the help, just give it time.  You might want to also post if anything changed recently, what did you change ?, elevation where problem occurred (since we know altitude increases richness probs), how long you've  had the bike with the curent jetting,  etc...  etc...

good luck,

P.S.  Pull your plugs and see if one is fouled or sooty, as this would indicate a  rich condition.