Author Topic: Under seat bracket for 2005 1200  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Samurai

• Board Regular!
Under seat bracket for 2005 1200
« on: June 26, 2006, 03:05:59 PM »
Have a 2005 1200 stock and Corbin Smuggler seat, but only 1 under seat bracket.  Would like to get another bracket for quick and easy exchange, but Suzuki does not sell this part separately.  Anyone know if someone sells this or where I might be able to fet one?  I am located outside of Phila.
SAMURAI
05 GSF 1200SZ Ltd
80 Honda CB650

Offline MrBAMcClain

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 07:58:30 PM »
Ebay is your friend :bigok:

Seriously, the only way you'll score one of those brackets is to:

1. Get in line because you aren't the only one waiting/wanting

2. Sweet talk the dealer you got your bike from and tell them the bracket was never there on your bike :duh:

Corbin doesn't supply you with that piece the directions tell you to remove the one from your existing seat.

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 09:17:37 AM »
Yep, gotta eBay it.  Watch for a cheap/damaged used stock seat for cheap and verify that the latch plate and rubber bumpers are there.  Then BID!

Offline Samurai

• Board Regular!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 02:46:22 PM »
Thanks for the replies!  Just got to keep that wrench handy.

Desolation Angel, I notice the hard tail case and rack on your picture.  Hard to see, but what mfg?  Givi or Krauser or something else?  I would like to add one for around town, holds 2 full face helmets, has an optional backrest, but does not hold saddle bags (keeping with the look) and looks like it belongs if the case is not mounted to it.  Been looking on-line at the Givi Top Rack F522 since it looks like there are brackets mounted along the seat that a rider could hold if they wanted vs the Krauser K Wing which does not have those brackets, but looks like you need to possibly drill to mount?  Any suggestions?
SAMURAI
05 GSF 1200SZ Ltd
80 Honda CB650

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 03:47:09 PM »
Quote from: Samurai
Thanks for the replies!  Just got to keep that wrench handy.

Desolation Angel, I notice the hard tail case and rack on your picture.  Hard to see, but what mfg?  Givi or Krauser or something else?  I would like to add one for around town, holds 2 full face helmets, has an optional backrest, but does not hold saddle bags (keeping with the look) and looks like it belongs if the case is not mounted to it.  Been looking on-line at the Givi Top Rack F522 since it looks like there are brackets mounted along the seat that a rider could hold if they wanted vs the Krauser K Wing which does not have those brackets, but looks like you need to possibly drill to mount?  Any suggestions?

Givi.  Two full-face helmets.  One button removal system leaves a black luggage rack behind.  Maybe these pics will help you decide.  There are smaller topcases out there that look slicker, plus Krausers are nice looking, but I don't know anyone with 'em.  No drilling on the Givi system.  Uses the bungee hook posts.