Author Topic: whine or howling from underneath  (Read 5375 times)

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
whine or howling from underneath
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005, 04:24:38 PM »
I don't think there is,.. but I just added my msn to my profile.

I actually get a few double takes from other riders,.. presumably once they figure out that I'm female.  ( I say this cos only one person that's ever talked to me because I was on a bike, did so because he recognised that she was a b4, just about knocked me outta my socks. :))  my favorite was the two elderly ladies that were asking me about her, and the one saying that her grandson would love to get one, and when they were leaving saying that she was a very pretty bike.  :grin:

When you learn in the dirt, you learn respect.  That KTM of mine,.. is bigger, meaner and more powerful than me by far,.. it kicks my a$$ regularly.  I don't want my relationship with Dita to go down the same road.  So I respect her.  :lol:

What days do people head to Tims? Or what time?  I will be in that area today,.. around 4pm or 5pm I think, but I think that's too early.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
tims/ petro
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 01:09:52 AM »
tims on the ss is mostly wednesday evenings, anytime after 4/5 pm and petro canada on 97th is generally after 5/6 PM same day.
Tims on whyte generally has a few bikers there pretty much every evening though, especially on weekends.

Remember now, :btw:  Harleys and cruisers park on one side and sport bikes/standards park on the other!...(don't be upsetting the equilibrium!) :lol:  :gatlin

I'll probably be heading to Tims after work tomorrow, round 5 PM for a bit, maybe see you there!
SNUBNOSE, Alberta, Canada
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
Sw Motech rear rack - V46 Top case
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends
007 special license plate feature ;)

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
Re: tims/ petro
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 02:51:08 PM »
Quote from: "snubnoze"
tims on the ss is mostly wednesday evenings, anytime after 4/5 pm and petro canada on 97th is generally after 5/6 PM same day.

Alright,.. I'll keep that in mind from now on.  I don't plan on being in the city tonight, but perhaps next Wednesday.

Tims on whyte generally has a few bikers there pretty much every evening though, especially on weekends.

Yeah, I dropped by there yesterday killing time before I could go pick something up.  Some guy on a CBR 954 was chatting with me for a bit.

Remember now, :btw:  Harleys and cruisers park on one side and sport bikes/standards park on the other!...(don't be upsetting the equilibrium!) :lol:  :gatlin

hmm,.. i thought I'd park in the middle and see if I could bring about a meeting of the minds. ;)

I'll probably be heading to Tims after work tomorrow, round 5 PM for a bit, maybe see you there!

if I finally get tired of all this paperwork I have, I might head out there.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
Re: whine or howling from underneath
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005, 09:08:43 PM »
Yup, turns out thats what it is,

Cant hack it anymore, ordered the OEM front sprocket, paid the extra $45 CDN, that noise is driving me nuts. Anyone wanna buy an aftermarket ALMOST NEW one? LOL!
SNUBNOSE, Alberta, Canada
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
Sw Motech rear rack - V46 Top case
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends
007 special license plate feature ;)

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!

Offline fartndust

• Board Homesteader!
whine or howling from underneath
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 01:15:25 PM »
Few people miss this, but for those that do....
The film that coats your new chain is not a lubricant that should remain on the chain.  It's purpose is to protect the chain before it is ever used.  That crap needs to be removed, using kerosene or your favorite cleaner (diesel maybe?)  Then you can treat the chain to your lube of choice (no KY for you former cell occupants).
Anyway, sorry if I sounded like your Mom on this one....
Now, GO WASH YOUR HANDS!  And quit picking your nose!
EDIT: wish there was spell check :duh:
I was drinking at the time...so ya, I mighta said that.
IT'S ONLY FUNNY TILL SOMEONE LOSES AN EYE...Then hey! There's a free eye out there!
'02 Bandit 1200S  Me
'04 YFZ450  Me
'03 LTZ400 Wifey
'02 YFS200 Son
'04 Viper 90 Honeybun