Author Topic: 1250 Accessories Catalogue (French)  (Read 6428 times)

Offline SteelD

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • Route 66 in 2010
1250 Accessories Catalogue (French)
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:29:51 AM »
The French Suzuki web site shows quite a comprehensive catalogue of accessories for the 1250. See http://www.suzuki-moto.com/doc/Street2007.pdf
David
Bandit 1250SAK7 Graphite Metallic Blue (YLE)

Offline Katamaniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 10:36:10 AM »
It will be nice when we get to have access to some of those accessories. I for one would like a set of those hard saddle bags and the luggage rack.
2006 Honda ST1300

1993 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 10:46:47 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up, D.  :bigok: I can't wait for that stuff to get here to the U.S...   :taz:  

There's also a Belgian site that has the Suzuki lowers, along with a bunch of other stuff, posted here:

http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?p=69782#69782
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline SteelD

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • Route 66 in 2010
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 10:57:44 AM »
Dealer called today and said my bike was delivered yesterday (though not unpacked yet). He says that Suzuki UK now list the lower fairing and he'll try to get one in before I take delivery next Friday. He's also managed to secure the rack and top case as well as a hugger. Looking good so far.  :motorsmile:
David

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 02:07:50 PM »
Quote from: "SteelD"
Dealer called today and said my bike was delivered yesterday (though not unpacked yet). He says that Suzuki UK now list the lower fairing and he'll try to get one in before I take delivery next Friday. He's also managed to secure the rack and top case as well as a hugger. Looking good so far.  :motorsmile:

:congrats: D!

I'm really interested in the lower fairing, and also that rack... from the pics it looks like it would be easy to attach a simple frame on each side to hold my soft saddlebags.

So I'm hoping you will post some pics of your new bike, along with some close-ups of the accessories your'e getting... (hint!)  :bandit:  :motorsmile:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline banditone1250s

• Board Homesteader!
New accessories for the new bandit 1250s
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 02:04:36 PM »
Does any one have any idea about when all this stuff will be available in the States? There are several things in that catalog that I would be interested in. Those hard bags are awsome and I think that I would like to have that rear-end rack too. With that thing you could carry almost anything. We take rather long trips some times and it would be nice to have all that storage without having soft bags to deal with, however I do like the advantage of being able to take the bags off and into the motel room, but who knows, maybe those hard bags have quick releases too...
There is a thin line between fear and respect...feel free to drift across it every now and then...

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 02:23:28 PM »
I was looking thru the paper copy of the US Suzuki Accessory catalog for 2007 when I was at the dealer the other day and there's not one Bandit-specific item in there. Maybe next year, or drop a line to someone at US Suzuki and ask if there's any plans or way to get the Euro stuff here without having to order from overseas.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 11:15:24 AM »
wow,  nice stuff.  It's about time that Suzuki got into this business.  I notiiced they also had a Yosh slip-on, along with all the luggage.  There was also a cool looking flyscreen, I have no idea what bike it fit.

According to most of the magazine tests, Suzuki is supposed to offer this stuff in the US.  My guess is that they will ramp up production in Europe & the offer this in the US.  They would need to volume to offset the design costs.
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 11:19:22 AM »
FWIW, my dealer says all the Suzuki stuff will be available in the U.S. sometime this summer, fall at the latest.

She's always been honest with me, so I'm gonna wait for it.  :wink:

Offline SteelD

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • Route 66 in 2010
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 11:23:30 AM »
Well, the dealer has my bike and has the lower fairing fitted as well as the hugger and a fenda extenda  :clap: but...

...the licensing authority hasn't done their bit yet and I can't pick up the bike tomorrow as planned.  :sad:

Looks like it will be Saturday 9th June now but I'll be sure to post pics of the bike when I get it.
David

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 11:28:55 AM »
Bummer, SteelD! Our dealers do the licensing in-house. Just walk in, pay your money (or sign the financing) and ride out. You might have to wait if you're getting dealer-installed accessories, since they rarely carry much of that stuff in the store though.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline SteelD

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • Route 66 in 2010
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 11:35:37 AM »
I have a personal number plate that I'm transferring from my old bike so that takes longer and costs more money.  :crybaby:
David

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 11:37:55 AM »
Quote from: "Red01"
Our dealers do the licensing in-house. Just walk in, pay your money (or sign the financing) and ride out.

Not to nit-pick here, Red,  :lol:  but when you say "Our dealers", do you mean in the U.S., or just there in Washington? Because that varies state-to-state.

Here in Missouri, you pay the dealer only the price of the bike and any prep fees. Then you can either put a temp tag on it and ride it home, or trailer it.

Then you have to take your bill of sale/dealer documents to the D.M.V. where you pay the sales tax, title fees and license plates.

If you live out-of-state, you take the documents to your local D.M.V. and do it there.

This explains why the OTD prices vary so much around the country. OTD means "Out-The-Door"... whatever you pay to get the bike out the door of the dealership. For me, the OTD was $7749. To pay the state tax and get the title and license plates at the D.M.V. cost me another $450 or so, for a total of around $8200.

So if I came to Washington and bought a new bike, would they make me pay your state's sales tax, even though I'm a Missouri resident and the bike will be licensed and titled in Missouri?

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 11:53:48 AM »
Since it varies from state to state "our dealers" meant here in WA since I don't know all the rules for all 50 states.

In WA, the dealer collects the sales tax and is an agent for the state licensing. They'll collect the licensing fees and issue you a 30-day cardboard temp plate. (On bikes, they put it in a plastic bag and mount it in the normal place, for cages they do the same or they tape it in the back window.) Your permanent plate arrives in the mail in 2-3 weeks.

If you come to WA to buy a bike and are a non-resident who is not going to license it in WA, you would not pay sales tax or licensing. You could buy a transit permit to ride it back to your home state though.

In WA, license fees vary by county because couties are allow to add taxes to it. Generally, this is only in the Metro Seattle area where they've added a 2% transit tax (RTA). Where I live, there's no RTA, so it costs $43.75 for licensing (agents get a processing $4 fee) and another $15.50 for title (agents get a $10 processing fee) so $73.75 for me to get my plates on a dealer purchase and $59.25 if I do the licensing myself down at the county office on a private purchase. On a private purchase, the state will collect the sales tax as reported on the bill of sale when I license. Even if I buy in Seattle, I wouldn't pay the RTA because it's based on my address, not the address of where I buy.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.fquick.com/Leedogg
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 05:31:46 PM »
Yeah here in Bama- they do tax and title there at the dealer too- then you have to pay county and city tax when you get you plate(we call them tags).  My tag cost me 80 bucks or so at the DMV.
1996 Trans Am- Stock as a rock - NOT.  408rwhp/397rwtq.
2004 GMC Yukon XL - The family/Trans Am hauler
1992 Silverado - Future tow vehicle.
2007 Bandit 1250S - first ever bike- I love it!