Author Topic: b.o.s.s / b.a.r. rally  (Read 2408 times)

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
b.o.s.s / b.a.r. rally
« on: May 02, 2007, 12:26:34 AM »
since i dont think many people scroll down far enough to see the other forum? how many of you are planning to show up for this years ride? it is the week/weekend of may 16th thru the 20th. in Suches Ga. some are staying at high valley resort. others are staying next door. and t.w.o. is right there but seems booked up but has tent camping left. so far there looks to be 10 or so bikes meeting up. there has to be more members around that area. heck there are 4 of us coming from ohio. so anybody up for some riding?
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
b.o.s.s / b.a.r. rally
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 01:06:34 AM »
Mike, my work and personal travel plans don't take me that way, but if you end up coming through the Memphis area along the way (which would be out of your way, I know), please PM me and I'll meet ya for a couple cold ones and some sightseeing.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
b.o.s.s / b.a.r. rally
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 07:15:18 AM »
I certainly would like to go, but $ is tight right now and my wife keeps telling me I'm not going anywhere untill I take a vacation with her somewhere. I'm always going off doing what I want to do,its time we doing something fun together! And it doesn't involve motorcycles,hunting or any sports! Theres plenty of intresting museums we could vist :clubme: its time we do something fun together.
  But I'm thinking if we happen to need like maybe a loaf of bread or maybe some milk or something....like maybe Thurs.... I might volinter to go fetch it....they do sell milk and bread in Ga., don't they?
  It might be a last min.escape,(the Great escape)and I'll sleep in the van or trailer,or something.Probably when I get back too!         Dangerous Dan

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
b.o.s.s / b.a.r. rally
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 12:20:51 AM »
hey i am in the same boat. its two weeks away and my wife still says i am not going! :stickpoke:  hey ah i'll be right back i have to go into work early tonight, what big duffle bag strapped to my bike??!   :motorsmile:  i will be there, she will get over it. if not i will have less money but more ride time huh? i dont know if we are riding near memphis or not. think we are doing I 75 most of the way down. hey Dan i think we might have a bunk house open still for 20 bucks a night. well if anyone else is sneeking out for a "little " ride and ends up in Ga hope to see some more people there. the ohio guys are leaving around 3-4 am. weds. meeting up and riding down. hey roamr where we meeting? you riding over here to 71 south? then ride south to meet kent? less then 2 weeks to go lets get this nailed down already LOL!
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline FastGTOs

• TURBO TYPER!
b.o.s.s / b.a.r. rally
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 07:06:48 PM »
Hey people to all who plan on making the trip to GA welcome.  :welcome:    I too would like to ride with a few of you all. But I have mad plans to Deal's Gap before I knew of the B.O.S.S. Rally. But I am hoping to pass Suches on the way to Deal's Gap. I have heard talk about maybe some of you all come down to Atlanta on the Thur. Nite at the Vortex it would be great to see some of you all there. Oh yes I heard also talk about maybe you all riding up at Deal's Gap as well. Once again I would like to hook up with a few of you al there if you all make it up that way. Shoot me a E-mail with maybe a Phone number and if maybe you all will make Bike Nite or Deal's Gap. I will be more then glad to shoot my Phone number back to you also. Hope to see someone you all there.

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
b.o.s.s / b.a.r. rally
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 07:58:42 PM »
from the looks of it we plan to ride the gap on thurs. less traffic and all. as far as doing a bike night? i get tired of the one we have here in ohio. and it pulls in near 2000 bikes a night. it is insane. not my bag of tea. if the others want to go? i will come along. we plan on riding more then sight seeing from what past rallies have been like. if you are gonna be up near the gap on thurs look for a puke green triple, a black buell, an silver black busa, and a few bandits. dont know what else everyone is riding yet. my cell is 216-346-0893 dont know if i get coverage down that way. i know near t.w.o. i was hit an miss getting a signal. looki foward to seeing anyone who can make it.

mike
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
b.o.s.s / b.a.r. rally
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 10:59:43 PM »
To anyone who is on the fence about this... it's a really good time!  Just go!

(If I only had a damn streetbike....)
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7