Author Topic: A video on the Harley rider  (Read 4761 times)

Offline icemakk

• Board Homesteader!
    • My web site
A video on the Harley rider
« on: November 12, 2008, 05:22:47 PM »
While many of us are proud riders of many bikes there is the hard core Harley rider that just begs to be made fun of.
After doing a show in front of 1000 of them this is the stand-up bit I wrote and now perform in my show.
If you enjoy it please share with others.
If you didn't enjoy it please go and ride your Harley until you calm down. :stickpoke:
link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYNJO-D-BzU
Signed a proud hard core Bandit rider
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:24:19 PM by icemakk »
Once I thought I was wrong...but I was mistaken.

Offline icemakk

• Board Homesteader!
    • My web site
Re: A video on the Harley rider
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 06:25:07 PM »
Swiffer...its more than a broom, its a way of life!!  :thumb:

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 08:32:16 PM »
Good one  :thumb:
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline 303LURCH

• New user!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 12:44:32 AM »
That was funny!  I like the scooter part!  We have a bunch of scooter riders in downtown Denver.  I wave back if they wave, but I agree it does feel a little "brokeback-ish" when it's a guy on a scooter.  Metric and other American brand cruiser riders will wave but not too many Harley riders will out here.
James
97 Bandit GSF 1200 SV

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 02:05:57 PM »
Scooters we had a thing going on here when the star boys first got big the scooter boys (kids) wanted to be like them so they where furring out there tomas's and standing on the back pegs riding stand up wheelies with furbie fur on the bikes...
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 05:15:58 PM »
 :thumb:  :bigok:  :beers:

:thanks: makk!  :bandit:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline icemakk

• Board Homesteader!
    • My web site
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 05:56:39 PM »
I am glad you guys found the vid funny. More to come soon.
Just so you know I did not write this bit to trash Harley riders (many of my good pals ride them....dunno why, but they do  :yikes:). I am just tired of anyone who poo poos another person's ride because its different. If it gets you where you want to go and has the performance and reliability you desire then ride til you can't ride anymore.  If we all road Harleys (or Davidsons if you prefer) then we would have very little to choose from wouldn't we?
There is a group of sport bike riders in my town that are at times more snobby than the cruiser crowd. I don't get that as I am the first to pull over and help a rider, at the side of the road with a break down, no matter what bike they ride.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 06:42:41 PM »
an they all prolly talk about how they race at IRP and was in motogp till they lost their ride... all while sitting at the steak and shake
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 12:39:14 PM »
While many of us are proud riders of many bikes there is the hard core Harley rider that just begs to be made fun of.
After doing a show in front of 1000 of them this is the stand-up bit I wrote and now perform in my show.
If you didn't enjoy it please go and ride your Harley until you calm down. :stickpoke:
link

great to have a Bandit celeb.....you're the Bandit Alley MC Jester ....funny stuff.  Hope to see on down the road.

:bigok:
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline Slider

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 01:34:24 AM »
link

For those of you who watched the vid... didja notice how utterly mild the spoof was?

We have a bike night here at a donut shop. In the past, the announcer has repeatedly asked that at end of the night, "Please make minimum noise when exiting as we have had complaints about the noise". Most of the Harley's are running the equivalent of straight pipes and go out of their way to ignore his requests with multiple BRAPS before they take off at full noxiousness. I have followed Harley's 150' behind at approx. 50mph/80k and could not hear my own bike. Why they confuse noise with power and prestige is beyond me.
Ideas, anyone.
Bandit 12, Yoshi can, jets, KNN, Gen Mar risers, 3 Givi 36L hardbags

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 01:49:34 AM »
Get the picture of Col. Jessup from "A Few Good Men" in your mind and then read:

"Loud Pipes Save Lives, and we're in the business of Saving Lives."

:grin:

While I think this stock can is too quiet, those straight pipes are just too freaking loud.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 01:53:17 AM by dhcolesj »
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 01:02:50 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Get your stinken Harley away from my Davidson, :rofl:

Very good,  :yikes: to think I was once like no no, truth is I was never like that, ok just a wee little bit. :annoy:

But Fark man lay off the broom jokes my ex  :rant2: might see you, and point her broken twig at ya.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline Dragbike

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 08:43:56 PM »
Hey, it is all-good!
I think the bit I saw was very funny!
I have been riding HD for 30 years and won the HD Factory cup at the world finals in Memphis 1999 and HD did not pay me a single dime!!!!!!!
I have been racing Suzuki’s and Kawis off and on for 35 years and Suzuki has paid me about $3000.00 in contingency monies in the past 12 years or so. HD zip!!!
I have 3 HD’s and 3 Suzuki’s. So I guess I am even! I have even rode my Bandit on weekend road trips with my HD folks and the only thing that was different was Brent please ride in the center,,,,,we don’t want “other” people to think your are chasing us or that we are chasing you!!!!
Like Chris Rock said “ We don’t have time to dice white folks into little pieces“!
And we should not do the same with “”Scooter Trash””!  :motorsmile: at least among each other!!!!
The only problem I have now is with the gas prices now is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my hands and head is getting tired with sooo many bikes on the road now a days………………. Hi,, Hello,, Hey,, Whatsup,, Howdy,,Dude,, Dude-et,, wave wave wave wave
Hell sometimes, in the twisties folks are about to crash from soooooo many HOWDY’S
Ok I fell better now,,,, keep up the good work
See Ya
Brent
 :bigok: :bigok: :bigok: :bigok: :bigok:
 :worship:
01 Bandit 1200S
99 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide
89 GSXR 7/11 w/turbo
88 GSX600F Katana w/1127 :)
82 Harley FLT
79 Harley Super Glide FXEF
I’m getting Old--- I remember when Sex was safe and Motorcycles were dangerous!

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 07:01:02 PM »
Brent please ride in the center,,,,,we don’t want “other” people to think your are chasing us or that we are chasing you!!!!

:toofunny:

I too ride on the very odd ride with some of my old time hardly dangerous riding friends :duh:
And don't they get very :annoy: when a multi cyclinder jap bike with a much smaller engine puts out more rear wheel BHP, and this is the one I love most, more torque. Is over a 100,000 ks old has never had the engine torn down :yikes:, and cost 1/10 of their H/D :thumb: Oh yeh I forgot to mention, always starts :bigok:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.