Author Topic: Anyone have any info on these? It ain't a Bandit I'm sure of that! MZ Mastiff.  (Read 4931 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Sorry about that yawl! I open this up and I could see em fine! Big bro is getting this stuff under control! What can't they do. Pics only seen by a member. Anyway this is the old girl! Very Impressed with it. Its got a 659cc Yama Raptor motor, 5 spd, she will pass about anything on the superslab! No BS! But it has to have the best gas and floggin it gets me less MPG than the Hayabusa. Fun to ride and handles like its on rails. Again sorry for the dumb pic and thanks for the info on it. I was told they could still be purchased! But who would want to go thru that much trouble with all the mottards out there.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 06:51:05 PM by Daytona »

Offline vwkaferman

• Board Homesteader!
No pic.

James
'74 Beetle. 0-60, probably.
'05 Bandit 1200

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Hmmmm Is anyone else not seein them or am I the only one that can. !!!

http://www.extremebusa.com/extreme/attachment.php?attachmentid=11457&stc=1&d=1201974632

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Gotta be a member of extremebusa.com to see the pics....
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Are you talking about this wacky looking thing?

Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
The tried to do a image of the web page, not the picture itself.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
IIRC, MZ is no longer importing to the USA. 
Their website still lists a US Distributor, but they don't have a US website and their email address for the US is us_costumerservice@hotmail.com
A Hotmail address for a US Distributor is not exactly confidence inspiring in my book.

On the slightly brighter side, the single cylinder MZ's use Yamaha engines, so you should be able to get parts for the engine... if you can figure out a Yamaha model that uses a comparable motor.  Might be a little bit of a problem with the 660 since Yamaha doesn't import any 660 bikes, but Raptor quad motor parts might be common.  Otherwise, all parts would have to be imported.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Are you talking about this wacky looking thing?

Wacky? Yea those do! Lights I thing but they are very functional, Did you know MZ won the Isle of man 6 yrs in a row with their 125 & 250 2 strokers. They actually taught the Japan folk, Suzuki mainly how to perfect the 2 strokers and have em last. Dissected after the fall of Berlin.