Author Topic: It's Official!  (Read 4307 times)

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
It's Official!
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 02:41:32 PM »
Quote from: "Have Blue"
I think its a good idea to make a small change to the site name.  That will help stop the auto spam problem (I would think) with the original name.  As for it starting anew, some sites have a visual registration code which appears to stop automated spamming programs.  I have no idea how difficult it would be to add that feature since programming isnt in my job description.  :-)

Technically, it's not my job description anymore either. :lol:   We already have a visual registration, if I recall, but there are more sophisticated ones than the ones built into this board, that are available as plugins.  I can add those in about 20 mins.   For the registrations though, we've certainly slowed them down by having admin approval.  

For the workload this is going to be for you, it may be good to slim down the site a bit for easier maintenance.

Any forums in particular that anyone would remove?  

I belong to another site that did have ads and sponsors and a few years ago, it went to voluntary contributions without any ads, etc.  Site support has not been a problem and there has always been enough surplus $ to run the site for a year + if no contributions were made in that time.  I dont know what the active member base size and costs are here, so that may/may not be optional.

WHAT?  You're cheating on us??  :lol:   I've seen a couple of people say they'd be fine with voluntary contribs, so I will put it to votes and see what we get.  Poll coming up some time today.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
It's Official!
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 03:23:54 PM »
edit: What was I thinking?  This was an opportunity to use some of the new emoticons,...

Quote from: "stormi"

The guy who hosts my dns files had his business' servers at the co-lo, but told the co-lo, that he was going to be removing the servers by month's end.  So,.. early yesterday morning,... the :asshat: co-lo downed his servers, and put them on a cart to await his arrival... uhm,... WTF?  :rant2:
 So then the :poopfan:  But what it really comes down to is: :iddi:  but it made :storm:  a very unhappy girl, but I guess now I'm really just :deadhorse:
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
It's Official!
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 05:01:59 PM »
As promised, I have put the polls in the Members only section, so that we can determine once and for all what we should do to get this site moving in a forward direction. :)

Poll 1: (website Address)
http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?p=65029#65029

Poll 2: (Operating capital)
http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?p=65030#65030
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390