Author Topic: B-King  (Read 5463 times)

Offline drewpy_dawg

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
B-King
« on: July 27, 2007, 10:19:27 PM »
I read in a motorcycle magazine that this bike:
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/GSX1300BKK8/Default.aspx
is official and not going to be a detuned aka "for torque" version of the 'busa engine.  
To say Drool is an understatement.
2002 Bandit 1200s - Blue - Holeshot exhaust, pod filters and dynojet stage 3 jet kit and carbon fiber look accessories.  
2006 Hyosung Avitar GV-650 (wife's bike) -Silver- bone stock (and pretty darn fun to ride)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
B-King
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 12:16:48 PM »
That's a lot of buckaroos for a Transformer with a Busa engine stuck in it.  :roll:

"It's aggressive styling gives it an attitude that simply says, 'Don't mess with me.'" or I'll turn into a giant robot!   :shock:

Too bad most 10-year-olds don't have $13 grand, otherwise it might sell pretty good.  :lol:

Just flippin' ya sh!t, Drewpy... each to their own!  :motorsmile:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline drewpy_dawg

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
B-King
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 02:21:24 PM »
It is alot of moolah.  Thats why I will wait to get one used.  
As for the Transformer reference...if it could change into a robot that would be infinately useful.  I could tell it to go park itself in the garage or what not.  
I have to wonder about the name B-King.  We refer to our bikes as B-this and B-that...perhaps the intention of the the B-King is to infer a type of Bandit-esque status.  Its a mostly naked sorta-sporty bike with a big ol' fire-breathing engine.  Sounds like how the original B-12 was thought of.  Maybe that B-king is King of the Bandits?
Just a thought...
2002 Bandit 1200s - Blue - Holeshot exhaust, pod filters and dynojet stage 3 jet kit and carbon fiber look accessories.  
2006 Hyosung Avitar GV-650 (wife's bike) -Silver- bone stock (and pretty darn fun to ride)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
B-King
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 12:42:01 PM »
He hee!  :lol:  

Yeah, if it did actually turn into a robot, it might be worth the price!

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure it's a real road-burner and lives up to it's Busa heritage performance-wise. It kinda reminds me of the Kawasaki 900 Eliminator when it came out, back in the day. Same concept, a radical off-shoot of the then-new Ninja.

I guess the styling is appealing to enough folks for Suzuki to take a chance... I'm skeptical on how it sells, but then I'm just an old fuddy-duddy.

Seems to me though, they're going for a radical, street-fighter look, but completely missing the whole point of a street-fighter. Instead of the lean, stripped-down, naked minimalist attitude, it comes off too loaded down with bulky, angular, over-styled junk like those side-scoops and those obscene tail-pipes... and I thought my B1250 muffler was fugly!  :lol:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
B-King
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 12:53:03 PM »
Quote from: "ZenMan"
That's a lot of buckaroos for a Transformer with a Busa engine stuck in it.

Ha!  That's a great analogy!  I don't care for all the angles on the B-K, but it DOES look like something that should be in the movie sequel.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline drewpy_dawg

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
B-King
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »
only transforming robot that was a motorcycle was unfortunately a Go-Bot.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
B-King
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 01:38:41 PM »
As I've stated in the other bunch of threads here on the BK, I really like it.  I would have trouble justifying the extra 30% over a Speed Triple, tho.

I wish the US got the 600 version (GSX) or that they made a Gixer 750-motivated version.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.fquick.com/Leedogg
B-King
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 03:40:36 PM »
Personally- I think it is just sweet!  Hopefully I'll be a good enough rider that I'll be able to get one and not kill myself on it!  Okay- back to reality.  I'll prolly go super sport touring next- but I do love the B-King.  Put some black Holeshot can on it and it'd be sweeter.  At least it isn't a cookie cutter looking bike.

Got to look at the Brochure for it when I got my bike serviced last month.  Sounds like it is gonna be nasty.
1996 Trans Am- Stock as a rock - NOT.  408rwhp/397rwtq.
2004 GMC Yukon XL - The family/Trans Am hauler
1992 Silverado - Future tow vehicle.
2007 Bandit 1250S - first ever bike- I love it!

Offline Barbarian

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.straightdope.com
B-King
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 06:15:27 PM »
No no no.

A motorcycle should not transform into a robot.

A motorcycle should change into personal body armor that lets you fly, with weaponry that can take out a tank.
2006 650 Bandit S w/ABS

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
B-King
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 09:52:28 PM »
Quote from: "Barbarian"
No no no.

A motorcycle should not transform into a robot.

A motorcycle should change into personal body armor that lets you fly, with weaponry that can take out a tank.

...sigh.  The more we go down this path, the more I am missing the simplicity of Kimba, the White Lion.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline GETFURIOUS

• CAPS LOCK IS STUCK
  • Board Homesteader!
B-King
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 10:49:15 PM »
That's a lot of buckaroos for a Transformer with a Busa engine stuck in it.  :roll:

THE B-KING IS PRICED $900.00 ABOVE THE HAYABUSA.....WOW.....

Quote from: "leedogg"
Personally- I think it is just sweet!  At least it isn't a cookie cutter looking bike.

+1

I LOVE THE LOOK OF THE NEW B-KING.....HOWEVER, I DO HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT THE EXHAUST.....

IN A PHOTO I SAW POSTED ON THIS SITE.....THE EXHAUST LOOKS HUGE.....

THE TAIL LIGHT/REAR TURN SIGNALS LOOK LIKE THEY BOLT TO THE EXHAUST.....

MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE/DIFFICULT TO REMOVE THE ORIGINAL REAR FENDER.....

JUST AN OBSERVATION.....
2001 BANDIT 1200S - MY DOCTOR ALWAYS SAYS, TAKE A SHOT OF B-12 AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING!  I LOVE MY DOCTOR!

W-T-B - AFTERMARKET CHROME/POLISHED WHEELS-LIKE THESE-http://www.exoticsportbike.com/star2.htm

Offline drewpy_dawg

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
B-King
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 12:42:25 AM »
I think Suzuki is shooting themselves in the foot pricing this bike OVER the full fairing 'Busa...that is dumb...more money for less "stuff" doesn't compute.  They'd never think of charging less for any other full fairing vs. naked bike.
As for the Tail...I don't think there is a single photo on the 'net that is of the actual 100% solidified final design.  All the photo's I could find of the a$$-end are of the show bike.  There is no 360 view or gallery on Suzuki's site...so I'm willing to wait.  They should know better by now that people customize their bikes and tend to shy away from bikes that aren't easily customized.

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
B-King
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 01:04:19 AM »
but then I'm just an old fuddy-duddy.

+1

The BK is wayyyyy too out-there for my tastes.....and making it more expensive than a 'Busa MAY be Suzuki's way of keeping it somewhat exclusive.....IOW, keeping the squids away from it.....and incidentally keeping down the motorcycle accident death toll somewhat.
At that price level, it's likely that it'll be sold to 30 somethings with some maturity rather than 20 somethings with very little.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
B-King
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 11:39:51 AM »
Quote from: GETFURIOUS

THE B-KING IS PRICED $900.00 ABOVE THE HAYABUSA.....WOW.....

Probably priced so high to fund the upcoming legal battle between Burger Kind for name infringement  :stfu:

It's different, and I kind of like it, but that exhaust has got to go.  :annoy:
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
B-King
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 11:49:23 AM »
Quote from: "drewpy_dawg"
I think Suzuki is shooting themselves in the foot pricing this bike OVER the full fairing 'Busa...that is dumb...more money for less "stuff" doesn't compute.  They'd never think of charging less for any other full fairing vs. naked bike.
As for the Tail...I don't think there is a single photo on the 'net that is of the actual 100% solidified final design.  All the photo's I could find of the a$$-end are of the show bike.  There is no 360 view or gallery on Suzuki's site...so I'm willing to wait.  They should know better by now that people customize their bikes and tend to shy away from bikes that aren't easily customized.

The Suzuki UK site has more pics of the B-King than the US site and there's pics of the proddy exhaust close up.

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/bikes/gallery.php?ref=bking&y=k7

I like the idea, but I don't like the front styling and agree the exhaust is overdone (which I'm sure can be cured with an aftermarket answer). Pricing it more than the Happy Bus seems like a mistake, too... but then if they don't move well, they'll be discounted.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)