Author Topic: BANDIT ALLEY TRACK DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 15265 times)

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
BANDIT ALLEY TRACK DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2006, 08:33:58 AM »
I'm still trying to sign up bikes from my area. I gave some info to a guy that comes to the shop(knew his Dad from when I was a arm wrestler) He has a Super hawk,and one of his buddys has a 99B12.Just seen him yesterday,and wrote down the info for him and told him to contact his B12 buddy. Don't know if it will go anywhere though? Will have to follow up.
   At first he seemed hesitant, not confident at trck speed. I explained to him he didn't have to be. Its the perfect place to learn, improve on your skills,and have a good time. One of the times I was at a Fasttrax school there was 2 Harley's riding. A fat boy and a ? some other big bike with floor boards spewing sparks coming out of the carosel.Another buddy is putting new (upgraded) isolastics,stiffer swing arm,and maybe belt drive on his Norton Comando. He would like to go, but still not sure if he can get off that day.
   I'm sure there will be enough help there that anyone who wants to make their 1st track day will come out a better rider. And have a blast doing so.
     How many do we have so far Jay?   Dan

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2006, 10:29:26 PM »
Where's the OH crew?  Come on fellas, step up!   :lol:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2006, 08:48:16 PM »
Quote from: "smooth operator"
    How many do we have so far Jay?   Dan

Sad to say from you guys at the bandit alley only the three that reserved the track for the day! Thanks guys , you are the the bread in the jam LOL!
Like Rob said come on make a comitment we planed this early enough! In other words get off your lazy  :monkeymoon: 's
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline bonobandit4

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2006, 03:37:48 PM »
This sounds like fun.  I've only been riding for a few years, but I'd like to give it a try.  $200 sounds pretty reasonable from what I've heard from other friends who ride.  Do you have anywhere near the 20 to hold that date and keep the price reasonable?  I have to check schedules, and be sure the bike is running strong before I'd commit.  It's just about close enough to SE Wi for me to ride, but I did see someone in the Chicago area offering a ride in his trailer.
I've actually read 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'.... it sucked!

Brian
93 Bandit w/ full Yoshi 4-2-1 and jets
1968 AMC Javelin - Made in WI baby!

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2006, 04:26:15 PM »
Cool, we have that date locked in . We just need more people from here. Im sure i can cover the rest of the people that dont come from here . But the whole idea was to get people from the bandit alley to go. Not turn into another track day for racers. but it will be what it is when the time comes.
I will have a few people from a shop there they are a good shop with with a gmd computrac type set up , vast suspension knowledge and a hi tec dyno set up. so if you have any question like that they would be glad to help . also Bob has offered a mini school to anyone that feels they need to know some stuff about getting around a track.
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2006, 05:40:07 PM »
Quote from: "bonobandit4"
This sounds like fun.  I've only been riding for a few years, but I'd like to give it a try.  $200 sounds pretty reasonable from what I've heard from other friends who ride.  Do you have anywhere near the 20 to hold that date and keep the price reasonable?  I have to check schedules, and be sure the bike is running strong before I'd commit.  It's just about close enough to SE Wi for me to ride, but I did see someone in the Chicago area offering a ride in his trailer.

Don't be scared off because you've only riding a short while.  I'd been riding about a year and a half b/f I did my first day.  This Bandit day, which should hopefully have a bunch of first-timers should be even less intimidating than a regular track day.  Come on out!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2006, 09:40:38 PM »
I would love to commit, but Mondays I work at night and watch my daughter during the day. Me and the mrs would both have to take a vacation day. I will see what we can do. Especially after all the work Jason has put into this. I will know in the next couple of weeks.
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline jomed

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.clubbandit-philippines.tk
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2006, 10:56:49 AM »
good luck to all and God speed!
Suzuki banditV 400cc

Club Bandit Philippines
Motorcycle Philippines Federation
Bandit Alley member #1334

http://banditalley.com
http://clubbandit.proboards45.com
www.motorcyclephilippines.com

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2006, 06:34:20 AM »
Talked to my Pastor after church Sun., he has a Triumph Sprint and his brother has a Bandit 1200. Seemed very intrested and wrote down the date. So I'll have to go to church again now with Bob's mailing address and see if I can get him and his brother to send$. I'll know somethings up if the plate gets passed around a 2nd time(just kidding) :beers:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2006, 08:57:27 PM »
LOL, Thanks funny. Seriously folks time is coming nearer so lets get on the ball this is all for you.

The Plan:
1) Mini school for those that need advice about running on the track!
2) 3 groups or more if needed. NO ONE will feel that they are forced to ride any faster than they need to.
   A) begginer group (never been on a track)
   B) track day people (have done track days , this will be monitered closely)
   C) Racers (better come with a race bike (this will also be monitered closely)
4)Hopefully I will supply some sort of lunch.
5) Maybe a reputable performace shop from the area showing up, that can assist you with any performance and suspension questions you may have
6)Lots of bench racing after wards
7)Ambulances
8) More fun than a barrel of monkeys! LOL

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2006, 11:22:29 PM »
Roamr - sure hope you can work something out.  You were one of the people I was counting on being there.  

I keep seeing that Jomed dudes posts thinking "hey, that's me!"  

This will be a GREAT setting for your first track day.  C'mon out!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 08:54:39 AM »
Hey Jay - what's the tally now?
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 06:00:58 PM »
:sad: same at is was

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
Maybe, maybe, maybe
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 10:21:26 PM »
:motorsmile: The Robinson Riders will be doing our summer ride in KY this year and Grant & I may just take off and head up to the Bandit track day.  Anybody know how far from Lexington to Nelson Ledges? (I know - Mapquest!)  Are there good places to stay close to the track?

We did a NESBA track day (My 2nd) at CMP, Kershaw, SC, last year, had a blast, and learned a lot!

Can't commit yet  :stickpoke: but thinking seriously about it!

Rob
 :beers:
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2006, 06:37:19 AM »
There are plenty of places to stay in Warren,Oh.about 15min.from the track. There might be something closer on rt.422,but I'm not sure.