Author Topic: Bandit Cover Story--WHAT BIKE? (Spring 2007)  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
Bandit Cover Story--WHAT BIKE? (Spring 2007)
« on: May 11, 2007, 08:32:28 PM »
The new issue of WHAT BIKE?, the British buyer's guide, has the new Bandits as the lead cover story.  I don't think the mag has its own website (at least, I couldn't find one, but if I do, I'll update here), so I can't link you to the article.  In summary:

Cover blurb: BEST EVER BANDIT--Top Value Suzuki Tested

Article synopsis (using as much original language as possible):  Suzuki's new 1250 has "repeated the trick" of the oil-cooled behemoth that rewarded owners with easy-to-use performane, versatility, reliability and pretty much unrivaled value...in every sense a classic motorcycle.    The new Bandit is altogether mor taut and steers more precisely.  An agile beast...stiffer springs and damping in the forks and rea give a greater feel for what the tyres are doing.  The new motor dishes out a heap of stomp, but the claimed 97bhp seems low.  Whindblast at 90mph and above was harsh (get an aftermarket screen).  The motor is still "quite tunable".

The B1200 is a "used bargain".

In the buying guide section, the B1250 (and 1250S) are noted as being "traffic twisters" and "fast--watch your licence"..."good all-rounder but looks a little dull".  The B650s have similar comments, other than the "fast" bit.

MCN Is a sister site with the following review: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Suzuki/Suzuki-GSF1250SF-Bandit-2007-current/?&R=EPI-89381
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline Cryptoman

• Board Regular!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 10:41:19 PM »
Has anyone this side of the Atlantic had one on a dyno yet?

Offline Cryptoman

• Board Regular!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 10:46:24 PM »
Answered my own question: Dale Walker (www.holeshot.com) has one and is working his usual magic on it.  Stocker is 105hp/85ft-lb.  75 ft-lb at 2,000 RPM!

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 11:11:36 PM »
My seat-of-the-pants dyno confirms the Holeshot results.  :lol:

Seriously, this review reflects every other review written so far, and everyone who's ridden one agrees. All I can say is go test ride one...  :bigok:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 11:28:34 PM »
I also have the new issue of TWO, with a Bandit cover story.  Will summarize that one ASAP.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 06:48:21 AM »
The local dealer that I deal with is bringing one in for himself.I'm looking foward to when it comes in,so I can take it for a ride.