Author Topic: Bandit-Hyosung Challenge!  (Read 5339 times)

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
Bandit-Hyosung Challenge!
« on: June 07, 2006, 07:10:51 AM »
Went on a Hyosung forum I frequent and challenged all those Korean junk losers with 650 GT's to a race with the Bandit.  Holy crap, you should have seen the posts!  Ping, ping, ping!!  It was a lot of fun! :grin:

Be an interesting race; I give up about 40 lbs. to the GT 650 but I have plus or minus one hp., depending on who you listen to.  They all tell me their  650 twin has 7 more lb.-ft. of torque than my bandit, which surprised me.

I think Hyosung tweaks a little more hp. out of their 650 twin than Suzuki gets out of theirs.

My 0-60 mph is 3.7 seconds; my top speed is 134 mph.  They're going to get back to me with their stats.

The Hyosung GT has cool full fairings so I'm sure their top speed would rock.

Hey - there's a bunch of bikes coming up the drive!  I need help!! :lol:

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 07:16:02 AM »
Mate be careful, a stock GT 650, is no piece of shyte, and on the right road and of course in the right hands will cream a stock B6.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 07:34:47 AM »
There's no doubt I would get my clock cleaned, although the Hyosung might break down before the quarter mile!  (LOTS of problems reported with brand new bikes!)

I think the neat thing is just getting the reaction I did.  The site is usually pretty dead but now it's pinging away!

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 08:12:28 AM »
Shyte stirrer, but I must say I have heard nothing but good things about the comet GT 650, parts avaiblilty seems to be the only problem and the finish is not quite up to standard, but being the same bullet proof motor as the suzuki SV 650, with upside down forks and 3 gorillas cheaper than the SV. And not a bad looker either, the 3 versions, of it look really smart the fully faired, the half faired, and the naked. Giving the Koreans praise where its due, not a bad job, just maybe it will smarten up the Japs, cause if the Japs loose out to the Koreans, as they are in light commercials and small cars like they have here, then they better start lifting the game to the next level, both in price (lowering it) and quality(raising it) cause the Koreans will do to the Jap market what the Japs did to the English and Yank market in the 60's.

PS James  :congrats:  on being promoted to board whore :monkeymoon:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
Re: Bandit-Hyosung Challenge!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 08:44:29 AM »
Quote from: jbrough7
Went on a Hyosung forum I frequent and challenged all those Korean junk losers with 650 GT's to a race with the Bandit.  Holy crap, you should have seen the posts!  Ping, ping, ping!!  It was a lot of fun! :grin:

How do you find the time?
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 08:54:38 AM »
I need a link to this post, I have got to read this.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just happen to stumble accross it.  For those interested, here it is. :motorsmile:

http://korider.com/forum/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1028
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 09:35:46 AM »
Quote from: Sven

How do you find the time?

I've got that old man thing going where I get up before the birds start to sing!   Can't even go out and do some work on the fuschias cuz it's still dark!

Is anybody into racing in a big way?  I've only just buzzed around with my nephew but that was quite a thrill.  I can see the attraction.

PS - that is the site, Solman, but it's gone down again (as of 8:30 am Wed. EST)...That's twice in two days.....

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 10:30:17 AM »
jbrough7: Went on a Hyosung forum I frequent and challenged all those Korean junk losers with 650 GT's to a race with the Bandit.  Holy crap, you should have seen the posts!  Ping, ping, ping!!  It was a lot of fun! :grin:

So, you've added Troll to your resume' along with Post Ho, eh?  :stickpoke:

We used to get FZ1 & ZRX trolls here a few years ago, too... but if they were more than a post and run troll, their antics are quickly quelled by banning them.

:beers:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 10:33:44 AM »
PS - that is the site, Solman, but it's gone down again (as of 8:30 am Wed. EST)...That's twice in two days.....

Probably got overwhelmed by some post whore.   :wink:

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 01:24:38 PM »
Brough's words at the Korider Forum:  "It goes like stink and it's neat on the corners and i think it looks okay."

It's neat?  Why not "nifty"  It's the cats pyjamas?

It "goes like stink"?  Is that a good thing?

As least "it looks okay", a ringing endorsement.

Brough has posted 300 messages there in addition to his work here.  When does he actually do any riding?

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 01:34:18 PM »
Brough's words at the Korider Forum:  "It goes like stink and it's neat on the corners and i think it looks okay."

It's neat?  Why not "nifty"  It's the cats pyjamas?

It "goes like stink"?  Is that a good thing?

As least "it looks okay", a ringing endorsement.

Brough has posted 300 messages there in addition to his work here.  When does he actually do any riding?

That crazy little Canuck!  Annoying people on other boards like that.  What a character!  Next thing he'll be on IntruderAlert bugging them about how he's so much faster than them, but he looks OK.

Jim, as long as you stay off my GS, VX800, and V-Strom sites, I'll overlook you.

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 02:56:58 PM »
Quote from: Desolation Angel
That crazy little Canuck!  Annoying people on other boards like that.  What a character!  Next thing he'll be on IntruderAlert bugging them about how he's so much faster than them, but he looks OK.

Jim, as long as you stay off my GS, VX800, and V-Strom sites, I'll overlook you.

Now you've done it.  He didn't know about all those....

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 03:12:58 PM »
Quote from: Desolation Angel

Now you've done it.  He didn't know about all those....

Pssst!  Those are BIG words to Jim.  No worries!  Besides, he'll be occupied looking for the Canadian flag in my avatar.  :wink:

Offline skadamo

• First Post! Be Gentle!
    • http://www.korider.com
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 03:27:21 PM »
Well well well, so this is where you spend your time jbrough7 :)  Razeor just passed you for korider post whore man you are slack'n.

Wait till the guys see this post.  If the GT650 rider can keep the front wheel down on the launch you will be in trouble. :)

Got hacked yesterday so i was cruizing the access logs.  Glad I saw this link to korider :)

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 03:32:49 PM »
:shock:  :shock: INVADERS!  :shock:  :shock:

And they're looking for Jim!  Quick!  Everyone circle around Jim and protect him!

Anyone?

Never mind.