Author Topic: Bike races car, both riders die, car gets away.  (Read 2465 times)

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Bike races car, both riders die, car gets away.
« on: April 11, 2005, 11:38:20 PM »
Motorcycle Accident Claims Two Lives
Police Say Motorcyclist Was Speeding

POSTED: 12:37 pm EDT April 11, 2005
UPDATED: 5:23 pm EDT April 11, 2005

PHILADELPHIA -- A man and a woman were killed in a motorcycle crash on Philadelphia's Roosevelt Boulevard just before midnight Sunday.

The accident took place on the southbound side of the boulevard, just inside the Philadelphia city limits.

Man, Woman Killed In Accident  

A friend of the driver, Victor Cortez, 20, said the man had a 1-year-old daughter and had just gotten his Suzuki motorcycle one month ago.

"Everybody was concerned, no one wanted him to have (the motorcycle)," said Joe Irrera, Cortez's uncle.

Police said a Mustang Cobra pulled up beside the motorcycle at a light and they both took off.

Accident investigators said it was Cortez' lack of experience at the handlebars of the motorcycle and too much bravado from the driver of the Mustang that led to the fatal accident.

"What you have was two vehicles stopped at a light in Bensalem. They probably muscled each other, by revving engines and looking," said Sgt. George Golden, of the Philadelphia Police Department.

Investigators believe that when the light turned green, the motorcycle and the Mustang accelerated to breakneck speeds, headed toward Red Lion Road. They estimated the two got up to speeds of 80 mph -- too fast to maneuver around a sport utility vehicle that changed lanes in front of them.

As the bike swerved out of control, witnesses said they saw two people fly through the air, and neither person was wearing a helmet.

Michael McKinney said he thinks his 22-year-old friend was the woman on that back of that bike.

"I was the last person to see her. She's unidentified because the people he was with don't know her name. The fact is I was in her car -- I still have her gum in my pocket," McKinney said.

Police are still working to positively identify the woman who died in the accident. They are looking for a yellow Mustang Cobra with a cobra decal on the trunk.
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Bike races car, both riders die, car gets away.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 09:13:44 AM »
Ok... that's enough stories of people dying on bikes in my part of the world!   :stop:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7