Author Topic: Bye Bye Bandit  (Read 7411 times)

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Bye Bye Bandit
« on: November 11, 2009, 06:05:22 PM »
Well the trusty old girl is up for sale, the same goes for the Rex.......
The good woman has needed to upgrade to the 1 litre size bike and found a real nice low mileage, 2005 FZ1S
Me I was finding (F#*# I must be getting old) the REX to be a huge assed big heavy lump to throw around, so I need to down size. So for a wedding present the good woman has bought me a new 09 FZ1N :clap:
So not only have we turned our backs on the bandits, we have turned our backs on the marque, which has served us oh so very well for years and many many a mile. :duh:

But some how I now by the shyte eating grin the good woman was wearing after her test ride on the 05 FZ1S that the little B6 was a bloody good stepping stone to the funability of the FZ1S, and even with the newer one I can see, that I'm in trouble big time now :yikes: and I can see that it will be me doing the chasing, and it will be her riding off, leaving me to eat her dust :annoy: oh well at least I can use the exuse, I'm an old man now. :bigok:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Bye Bye Bandit
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 12:20:02 AM »
Mick... all good things come to an end.  Glad you're still gonna be riding and feel free to check in from time to time.   :beers:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 12:05:35 PM »
 :congrats: on the new rides.  Even though you've abandoned the marque, you're sticking with the same genre.  :beers:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 10:03:02 PM »
 Another  :congrats: on the new ride Mick! I'm sure you and the Mrs. will enjoy the FZs, another great bike. Make sure to give us the update on how the new ride is going. :beers:

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 08:59:30 AM »
Congrats on the new rides! Never been a brand buyer myself...just buy what puts that grin on.
Oh and tell your wife, it's always a pleasure to know other women can ride like they stole it.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 07:20:34 AM »
Just thougt I'd drop by and give yas all a quick run down.
Mr Yamaha  :clap: what have you done :yikes: talk about a wolf in sheeps clothing.
Well folks she's run in, and this thing just keeps on surprising me. All good, nothing nasty.
Went for a wee little blast on the weekend, and I was told I was leaving big black lines, pointing it hard out of 60 70 and 80 mph corners. :motorsmile: This thing pumps, pumps hard, and is just fun fun fun all the way. Guess you could say I'm very very happy with the new ride.

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 08:41:04 PM »
That means I'll have no chance, no chance in hell, of keeping up with you.

Going by what you where saying when we last spoke, I didn't think it was possible for you to be even happier with the FZ.

AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 06:38:23 AM »
I didn't either, but you no me, gotta go find the limits, and so far the only limits :rofl: I've found are that of my own. :annoy: I gotta learn to get of the front picks early, it does tend to enter into corners with the rear skipping and hopping in the air. Sorry that should read I tend to. :banghead:
Drag racing the thing boxing day, be interesting to see what I can get out of it, down the 1/4 mile. :thumb:

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 08:43:16 PM »
Let us know how you go.....

AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 06:00:52 PM »
Just back from the Drags :motorsmile:
wooohoooo. what a blast.
My best run for the day was a 11.85 at 122mph and I red lighted at my first elim.
Now for the great news Donna the good woman refuses to take her 2005 Fz1 and took the B6
She busted out in the Qtrs with a dial in of 13.75 with a PB of now, hows this 13.01 at 102mph. :bigok:
Just on the quite I thinks she wants to keep the B6 as a track and drag bike, buggered if I would have thought it was a 12 second bike. :yikes:

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 11:01:27 PM »
buggered if I would have thought it was a 12 second bike. :yikes:

Haven ridden with you while you were on the b6, I wouldn't have doubted it.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 06:37:51 AM »
Well well well, yes your right thats 3 efen holes in the ground. :yikes: The B6 is off the market, her indoors, yes she who must obeyed. wants a track, and a drag bike....
So with a home made lowering kit, and some gearing changes we are chasing times this weekend at the Bairnsdale 1/8th mile 60 ft and half track to put us in good stead of smashing her P/B into sub 13's. Me well I'll be chasing better 60ft times with gearing changes on the angry wasp. :motorsmile:
So thats our saturday before Aust Day, then sunday put everything I do to the bandit back in the shed, and ready it for a track day at Phillip island GP track on the Monday before Aust day.... Me I'll till be on the angry wasp, with the gearing back to stock. :thumb:

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 10:08:22 PM »
Good luck on Saturday.  Depending on what time we get away from my sisters on Sunday we might drop in for a brew on Sunday on our way back home.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 10:11:57 PM »
Well well well, yes your right thats 3 efen holes in the ground. :yikes:

Damn, there's a big one.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 09:14:17 AM »
Good luck on Saturday.  Depending on what time we get away from my sisters on Sunday we might drop in for a brew on Sunday on our way back home.

i should hope so too :bandit: