Author Topic: Cane toad helps cops nab biker/AUS  (Read 2497 times)

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Cane toad helps cops nab biker/AUS
« on: November 15, 2005, 11:56:09 AM »
Cane toad helps cops nab biker
November 13, 2005

A MOTORCYCLIST allegedly on the run from police came unstuck after he hit a cane toad and lost control of his bike, north of Brisbane.

Queensland police said today the 25-year-old was seen doing a "mono" wheelstand as he rode along King Street in Caboolture about 7.10pm yesterday.
Officers tried to intercept the man but he allegedly failed to stop, riding off at high speed through stop signs and on the wrong side of the road at times.

A spokeswoman said the man then braked heavily, locking up the rear wheel.

"It is believed he then hit a cane toad and lost control of the bike," she said.

The man has been charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, obstructing police and other traffic related offences.

He will appear in Caboolture Magistrates Court on December 12.
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 04:10:41 PM »
Oh thank God! By the title I was thinking some cane toad licking was involved(powerfull hallucinagen)
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 10:05:39 PM »
Those things are huge!.  I think the ones I saw in South Florida are the same ones, or at least about the samesize.    WHen my brother lived in Miami he had them in his yard.   Had to weigh 4-5 pounds........

I'm not sure if I'd swerve to avoid one, or just run over it?
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 08:01:07 AM »
As long as he killed the efen cane toad, he'll get brownie points, against the charges laid against him :motorsmile:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.