Author Topic: close call  (Read 5608 times)

Offline bnrboy775

• Board Homesteader!
close call
« on: March 20, 2006, 01:09:36 AM »
i live in branson, MO... if anyone of you know where it is... well tourist season is now picking up and the other day it was 65 degrees so i went into town on my bike... well some stupid moron pulled into the center lane next to me and then just pulled over towards me. i scanned really quick and found my escape...... the sidewalk.... thank god it had sloped edges on it (for wheel chairs i guess), then  the guy saw me and slowed down and let me back in front of him. Gee i really think that was nice of him don't you guys. Anyway just figured i tell you my story

Offline Swamp Rat

• Board Homesteader!
close call
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 11:37:11 AM »
At least he let you back in....down here you would have gotten the 1 finger salute.
  I'll be passing near by Branson in April. I'm taking the family on a canoe trip down the current river. I've done the float several times as has my wife but this time we are taking the kids. 3 or 4 day of camping and canoeing God, I love my life.
Brian
20003 1200s
2001 Drz 400e

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
close call
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 04:36:04 PM »
Quote from: "Swamp Rat"
here you would have gotten the 1 finger salute.

I'm afraid that's what normally happens here, too. :roll:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline kedeg_97B12

• Board Homesteader!
close call
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 04:43:48 PM »
What do you expect from Ozarkians? Shoji Tubuchi forever! :motorsmile:
97 1216 Big Bore, Gixxer intake, with
Holeshot commemorative figurine with kung fu grip, Red
12 volt Dewalt drill, Yellow,
Moen bathroom faucets, Chrome

Offline scooter69

• Board Homesteader!
close call
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 04:52:41 PM »
Hell....in Quebec the guy would have gotten out at the stop sign and screamed at you for almost hitting his car and riding like a maniac on the sidewalk.

The the cops would pull you over and give you a $1000 ticket for reckless driving, impound the bike, damage it in the towing process, charge you $150 for towing, $1500 to get out of the impound.

All in all $2650 in fines, 9 demerits for reckless driving, a possible assault charge if you get in a fight wit hthe other driver....all because he cut you off.

Isn't life grand..... :gatlin

Offline snofrog

• Board Homesteader!
close call
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 05:48:44 PM »
i`ve heard it is customary when going to a tourist town such as Branson to pick up a souvenier . i might have chosen the passenger side mirror :motorsmile:
oo b12 s
thank`s Ivan
z/g smoke sr
yosh ss can
crg bar end mirrors

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
close call
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 10:40:11 PM »
:shock: That makes motorists around here look pretty tame.

Offline bnrboy775

• Board Homesteader!
close call
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 10:59:22 PM »
eh this towns not so bad... but it suck because a lot of the people will stop in the road for no reason and not even pay attention to anyone around them.. i wrecked my truck because of that.. people just need to learn that they arent the only ones on the road and pay attention but i guess ill just have to learn to watch out... ive had a few other close calls like the one i just posted but ive learned to really watch out for the other drivers while i am in town

Offline Caper#5

• TURBO TYPER!
close call
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 12:39:59 AM »
Quote from: "scooter69"
Hell....in Quebec the guy would have gotten out at the stop sign and screamed at you for almost hitting his car and riding like a maniac on the sidewalk.

The the cops would pull you over and give you a $1000 ticket for reckless driving, impound the bike, damage it in the towing process, charge you $150 for towing, $1500 to get out of the impound.

All in all $2650 in fines, 9 demerits for reckless driving, a possible assault charge if you get in a fight wit hthe other driver....all because he cut you off.

Wow, that seems extreme! Well the next time I goto Montreal to watch the habs play, I'll remember to leave the bike at home and fly up!
2005 GSF 650S

Offline scooter69

• Board Homesteader!
close call
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 01:15:06 AM »
Quote from: "Caper#5"

Wow, that seems extreme! Well the next time I goto Montreal to watch the habs play, I'll remember to leave the bike at home and fly up!

Yeah....Quebec sucks! :bigok:

Offline Slider

• Board Homesteader!
close call
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 01:28:42 AM »
Up here it might be similar up to a point.
Peterborough has become a retirement community near Toronto. Sell there and move here, buy a better house and larger lot for MUCH less and pocket $$. My son calls them the "Blue Rinse" set after the women.

My point is that both sexes do the same stuff as you describe... but never do see you. They pull up to stops signs... and they DO stop. Once that legality is over they start again. No need to turn the head and look it seems, as the neck joint doesn't function or they've forgotten.

They second group I call "Valium Princess' ". I have been cut off twice by women, in one case dropping off her kids at school. With full eye contact, she made a U turn right in front of me. Did my first STOPPIE on that one, and came within a hairs breadth of a full flop within 2' of her broadside passenger door. I chased her for several blocks but gave it up... What the hell good would it do?

The second one did the same on a two lane road while she took a mile to pass with me aproaching headlight lit. Eye contact near the end too while I was moving into the gravel.

They good news with both types is that they do All in slow motion.

:idea:  All of you should practice riding in the gravel on the shoulder. It works but get your weight back in case it is deep gravel.
Bandit 12, Yoshi can, jets, KNN, Gen Mar risers, 3 Givi 36L hardbags

Offline scooter69

• Board Homesteader!
close call
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 01:04:11 PM »
I'll be joining the society of high INS and cheap plates soon enough....Quebec is raising Bike Regis to $1500 for Sports over 700cc....(ALL OF US). So I say screw that. I'm paying $65 for plates.

Soon enough my friend...soon enough.

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
close call
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 02:48:23 PM »

Must be a French thing.  :stickpoke:

Offline scooter69

• Board Homesteader!
close call
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 05:01:26 PM »
It's the Privately run Government department SAAQ....along with the Bloc Quebecois RT wing party.

Lets just say...if you're english and don't speak enough french to be considered bilingual...you're a second rate citizen. If it's gets any worse we'll start turning into the Old South...but against the english... :boohoo:

Offline snofrog

• Board Homesteader!
close call
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 05:53:22 PM »
I'll be joining the society of high INS and cheap plates soon enough....Quebec is raising Bike Regis to $1500 for Sports over 700cc....(ALL OF US). So I say screw that. I'm paying $65 for plates.

Soon enough my friend...soon enough.

$1500 to register your bike ?!?!?! :scaredmouse:
oo b12 s
thank`s Ivan
z/g smoke sr
yosh ss can
crg bar end mirrors