Author Topic: DAY OF 1000 BIKES !!!  (Read 2450 times)

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
DAY OF 1000 BIKES !!!
« on: September 25, 2006, 11:42:25 AM »
All the stars and planets were correctly aligned and yesterday (Sunday) was an absolutely stunning Fall day here in the foothills of the Rockies.......
soooo......#17 and I just HAD to go for a ride in the mountains. Once I got on the road, I was never out of sight of a bike for more than 2 or 3 minutes over a 200 mile ride !!! It was unbelievable. In over 40 years of riding I have NEVER experienced that many bikes on the road....ever. 1000 bikes may be a little bit of an exaggeration since I didn't keep an accurate count but at the places I stopped, it looked like the Ace Cafe forecourt on a warm weekend, if you've ever seen pics of those meets.
Keep in mind Calgary has only about 1MM people (with another 100K or so in surrounding satellite towns/cities) so to see this many bikes out and about on a non-holiday Sunday in September is unheard of. Quite an experience and I'm STILL amazed.
#17 ran like the thoroughbred she is and when we got out on the Trans-Canada Highway for a 30 mile stretch, it was just like being in Italy or Germany....the fast lane was never UNDER 130kph (~80mph) and at times was just over 160kph (~100mph).
Secondary road speed limits of 100kph (~60mph) seem very slow after 30 minutes at high speed.........
In the event, we both had a great day......and the stock can is sounding better and better with more and more high-speed highway miles. It may/may end up sounding as good as my buddy's Akropovic........hopefully...... :grin:
Hopefully your Sunday was as great as mine.....
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings