Author Topic: Dynabeads  (Read 3388 times)

Offline wizzobeer

• Board Homesteader!
Dynabeads
« on: June 16, 2008, 08:13:10 PM »
Hey I saw these on another forum researched a bunch of reviews (all positive) and am wondering what you folks think? Basically they are a ceramic bead that uses centrifugal force to keep a tire in balance. Any thoughts?

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

:beers:

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Dynabeads
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 09:43:52 PM »
Wow, I'm surprised no one has any experience with these, good or bad. 
The concept looks intriguing.  Have you bought any yet?  I'm thinking that since it doesn't really damage the tire, all you would be out is the cost of the beads, and getting the tires rebalanced.  (IF they didn't work that is).  Unless you marked, really well, were the weights came off, you'd need to get them rebalanced if the beads didn't work.
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline wizzobeer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 11:33:30 PM »
I am going to throw some in, in the next week or so. I plan on leaving the weights on (new skins, just balanced). The plan is to watch tire wear as a sign they are working as well as tire life. I have read on some boards that Gold Wing riders are getting 25-50% longer tire life. Will keep you all updated.

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 10:13:19 AM »
I hope that works.  According to their web site you're supposed to remove the weights.  If you get a good smooth ride with the weights, it would make it an easier investment.  Of course, if you get good results I might get a little more bold.  hehe.
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 12:21:38 PM »
i'm curious now, I did read some 'bad' comments about them but am not sure if that was just the normal 'flame' posts you get on forums. Be interested to see if they work for you... thanks for letting us know about this.  :thumb:
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline wizzobeer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 07:33:20 PM »
Any links to the "bad" reviews? Just curious before I throw them in.

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 10:00:36 PM »
found another one this morning which i now can't find anymore... this http://www.thecomputermechanics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34149 has a lot of what I like to call forum 'garbage' in it. So I put little faith in anything said.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike