Author Topic: Rear suspension settings  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Runerx

• Board Homesteader!
Rear suspension settings
« on: September 26, 2005, 12:17:44 PM »
I have the stock rear shock on my 00 B6 and was wondering where to set the suspension for 2 people with a combined weight of 275 LBS? When I'm alone it's 150 LBS. It appears that the suspension is set at 4 on pre-load and 2 on dampning (factory settings). Right now the bike feels good with both of us on it but If I'm alone, big bumps ram my kidneys out the top of my head. I ride easy with both of us but like to ride harder when alone. So do I adjust or leave it alone? Thanks for any suggestions.

Dave
DJ - Skin donations to the dirt/pavement gods suck!

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
Rear suspension settings
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 07:07:48 PM »
I've moved mine to 6 preload and 3 rebound on my B6. My one up and two up situation is just about identical to yours. I've found the ride to be firmer but more comfortable over a long day in either situation. The handling is alot sharper also, maybe due to the small amount of lift the rear gets from the extra preload. Did 300 miles yesterday and that would have had me worn out with the factory settings. Make some changes and try it. You can always put it back if you don't like it.

Offline B12Teuton

• Board Homesteader!
Rear suspension settings
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 08:44:59 AM »
For performance/sport riding, I ran my B12 at 6PL and 3RB.
For casual riding/commuting, 5PL 2RB.

Of coarse the B12ers get to fiddle with the front preload as well.
Manny
ATGATT (all the gear all the time!)
2006 KTM450XC Thump-whore

Offline banditII

• Board Homesteader!
Rear suspension settings
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 08:52:52 PM »
I'm not an expert on suspensions.  I have my B12 rear preload one click stiffer than stock setting.  I'm 175 lbs plus gear.  I'm pretty satisfied with it this way.  But I agree, the rear shock is a bit abrupt.  I wish it had compression damping adjustment on it.  Maybe one day I'll get a real shock put on.

Warren
Riding motorcycles..........and loving it! :-)

Warren