Author Topic: Fuel Prices  (Read 4525 times)

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Fuel Prices
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2007, 09:39:55 AM »
I'm guessing you guys don't get a long weekend - and celebrating Easter is almost taboo????
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
Fuel Prices
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 10:19:30 AM »
We get off today at noon, and off til Monday :taz:
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
Fuel Prices
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 11:08:50 AM »
Quote from: "BHolland"
We get off today at noon, and off til Monday :taz:

We are off Friday and those of us who work for the government get Monday off as well.  

I should add that the price of gas when up $0.04 per liter on Tuesday.  I believe that is the offical start of the Easter driving season, not to be confused with the summer driving season or Christmas driving season, or the weekend driving season.   Do we have any other seasons that require a price hike? I forget sometimes.

Still the weather is promised to be good on Saturday and Sunday - if it stops snowing. :duh:

Offline Swamp Rat

• Board Homesteader!
Fuel Prices
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 04:35:58 PM »
What Paul was inferring to is that here in the good ole U.S. of A. We have a variety of civil liberty unions doing their damnest to out law most if not all public religous ceremonies and traditions. Sad really. These groups such as the ACLU, seem to think that when we have prayers at sporting events and other public venues,that we are infringeing on their rights by forcing our religious beliefs on them. So they take who ever it is that is offending them with public displays of faith to court.

Personally I wish those Jackasses would carry their butts to China or some other country that stomps on freedom of religion and stay there. This country was founded on Christian beliefs and is majority Christian populated with a variety of other religions thrown in for good measure.

Let me stop now I'm I feel my pulpit starting to shake.
Brian
20003 1200s
2001 Drz 400e

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Fuel Prices
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 05:01:13 PM »
That's what I meant... we don't have a Christmas Holiday at work anymore... it's a Winter Break. If Christmas wasn't so commercialized, I'm sure it would be banned, too... the Civil Liberties types already have banned nativity scenes on government owned properties every chance they get
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
Fuel Prices
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 04:48:39 AM »
Bloody hell, I hope it doesn't get that bad here in Oz.  We do have some radical groups who want to stop kids from having easter hat parades and christmas plays at school.  

Personally, I don't care what religion you are, if it is a holy day for you, then it's a holy day, and you should be free to celebrate it in what ever traditional manner is appropriate.

Obviously there have to be some boundries set so that the general good and well being of the community is not put at risk, but in general terms I have no problems with any religion celebrating it's holy days.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Fuel Prices
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 10:34:32 PM »
I don't think anyone cares if you celebrate your religious holidays... they just don't want the gov't to be acknowledging them by declaring them national holidays or having taxpayers fund displays.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)