Author Topic: Getting Suzuki to bring the 2007 GSF1250 to the USA?  (Read 12625 times)

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
Getting Suzuki to bring the 2007 GSF1250 to the USA?
« on: September 23, 2006, 04:27:17 PM »
It's rumoured that we'll get it here next spring... but just a check to see how many people we could get to email Suzuki to give them some impetus to bring the '07 Bandit to the USA...

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 04:45:39 PM »
well, I would email them to encourage it simply because I think we should see more variety in our market. I personally wouldn't buy one for a variety of reasons beginning with the fact that I prefer smaller bikes (love my B4, aren't you all jealous :grin: ). And I think we need more smaller bikes in our market -- witness the number of squids who wrap their brand new big bikes around telephone poles. on second thought, maybe natural selection is a good thing :lol:.

But, I would encourage them just to help my fellow bandit buddies.

Offline 00to60

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 04:58:02 PM »
Like andrews mentioned, we need more of a variety of bikes here in the states. Preferably bikes that are affordable for the general public. I would e-mail Suzuki, because the Bandit is a good all around bike that deserves a chance here in the states. :motorsmile:
The only thing that matters is how fast you can get from 0 to 60, because top speed is secondary

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 05:42:34 PM »
Frankly, I'm a little disappointed in the '07 version. While I think it's great they've put in a bigger motor (130 hp, according the French mags), the new brakes of the '06 appear to be a downgrade from the 2G and it's handling has not been improved to keep up with other bikes in its niche. While I LOVE my B12 dearly, if I was going to buy something new, it probably wouldn't be this 3.5G bike.

What really got my interest was the photos of the 2008 Kawasaki GTR1400 Concours replacement - based on the ZZR/ZX1400, but with shaft drive, a few less ponies, hard bags, handlebars and toned-down Testarossa strakes. I'll have to scan some pics from the magazine when I get back to work on Monday.

Now if Suzuki would build a sport-tourer along the lines of the FJR, GTR, ST13 with a 'Busa-based motor, that would also get my attention!
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 05:51:03 PM »
It's not a cruiser.  Who's gonna buy enough to warrant distribution?

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 06:20:28 PM »
It's not a cruiser. Who's gonna buy enough to warrant distribution?

This is sort of like the argument against fuel-efficient cars. The market (at least until recently) was only apparaently interested in big gas guzzling SUV's, but IMH and unsupported O, the only thing being made were big gas-guzzling SUV's, so what were people supposed to buy? Sometimes manufacturers can drive the market by providing other choices. A new bike purchaser, when given choices may actually opt for the Bandit over a cruiser when compared side-by-side in terms of performance, price, handling etc. Maybe the market wouldn't be big, but I think it would be there. I suspect the market will begin moving away from the cruiser fad as the current cruiser buyers recover from the effects of the kool-aid. :grin:

I have more to say on this but have to run. also, not trying to start a flame-war here.

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 10:47:51 PM »
Quote from: andrewsw
It's not a cruiser. Who's gonna buy enough to warrant distribution?

This is sort of like the argument against fuel-efficient cars. The market (at least until recently) was only apparaently interested in big gas guzzling SUV's, but IMH and unsupported O, the only thing being made were big gas-guzzling SUV's, so what were people supposed to buy? Sometimes manufacturers can drive the market by providing other choices. A new bike purchaser, when given choices may actually opt for the Bandit over a cruiser when compared side-by-side in terms of performance, price, handling etc. Maybe the market wouldn't be big, but I think it would be there. I suspect the market will begin moving away from the cruiser fad as the current cruiser buyers recover from the effects of the kool-aid. :grin:

I have more to say on this but have to run. also, not trying to start a flame-war here.

Americans are obsessed with cruisers.  Walk in any showroom anywhere.  It's rather sad.  I mean, I'm glad cruisers are an option for people who just flat out like them, but I think most sales relate to motorcycle ignorance.  No experience with bikes, but want to try a bike.  Have heard the bogus Harley hype their whole life, so they want that.  They find out Harleys are way expensive, and poof!  You got Japanese Harleys and not only that, but German Harleys, too.  I would bet you money that's not changing any time soon.

There's a lotta mo' Kool-Aid out there!  :lol:

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 11:50:50 PM »
Personally I think cruisers are a maneuvering death trap. Its takes very good maneuvering as it is to clear high-speed traffic trouble on a standard or sport bike which have infinitely better handling. I can imagine going back to cruiser style handling on highways. I think the whole cruiser culture reached its zenith about a year ago. In a few years as the older boomers continue to die from crashes ignorantly, younger boomers are starting to look more at handling and  bikes like the V-storm (V-twin sport and standards) with European styling are going to be the next big migration.
   Besides the B12 had its last year here in 05 complete with commemorative colors and should have ceased from production world-wide taking it place as one of the best long running and most evolved models with a great race history engine. No, the Bandit needs to take its place with all the great classics and die honorably and with dignity, not another face lift.

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 12:11:25 AM »
'07...

You don't like it?

Offline KX5000

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 10:50:42 AM »
I like it, it looks alot like the 1G bandit (which is WAY  better looking than the 2g :stickpoke: ) I probably won't buy one but it wouldn't kill me to send an email, to help other bandit lovers get the bike they need!
3 Kids
2 Dogs
1 Wife
NO problem!(yeah right!!)

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 11:58:48 AM »
I'd be very intersted to upgrade my 1998 B12.  I was pretty serious about the new FZ-1.  But this promises more torque,,,,beter comfort, myabe good sport.
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 02:08:22 PM »
I kinda wonder why the big switch to water cooling. Doesn't oil cooling preserve an engine better?
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 02:53:45 PM »
I can tell you from a dragracer's point, that a watercooled bike, for the weekend dragracer, is a lot better than the oil/air cooled bikes. you can run a lot of laps, you don't have to wait 15 minutes between runs for the engine to cool down. Its just newer and better technology :motorsmile:
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 07:38:20 PM »
Quote from: Desolation Angel
'07...

You don't like it?

I suppose its only fair for me to say that I didn’t know that the B12 still being sold outside the USA is now water cooled. What a face lift.

Offline amboman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 10:15:22 PM »
IS THAT A HONDA MOTOR ???   :stickpoke:
Taken over by the dark side. Now riding a CB 1300 but visit my old bandit regular.