Author Topic: Got hit by a car today  (Read 6859 times)

Offline Lurch

• Board Regular!
Re: Got hit by a car today
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 12:07:08 PM »
Then the guy has the nerve to get out of his car and yell at me like it was my fault.

I've gotta' ask, when he started yelling at YOU, what did you do?

Personally, I woulda'  crawled right down his throat! :annoy:

I took a minuet to think if I could get up and beat his ass but my foot was hurting pretty bad. It's a good thing for the old guy cause it wouldn't have been much of a matchup

Offline Lurch

• Board Regular!
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 12:09:55 PM »
On a good note though the guys insurance company has alredy got my bike to the dealer I bought it from to get it fixed :clap:

Offline donohio

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 12:29:33 PM »

Good gawd, you were still on the ground and he was yelling at ya'? :bomb:

The crash will be permanently identified with your vin #, so you'll take another hit if/when you sell/trade.

That sucks!    .......... sue him for pain, suffering, and putting up with his ignorance!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:31:28 PM by donohio »

Offline Barbarian

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.straightdope.com
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 05:26:54 PM »
It's those low-speed crashes that are the worst.
The high speed ones, well, they just put you in a box, right ;)

Get well, fix 'er up, and be glad you ripped off his frickin bumper!
2006 650 Bandit S w/ABS

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 11:51:26 PM »
Good to see you're okay, Lurch. It's a heckuva way to set a "first" on this board. I believe you're probably the first 4G owner to be in an accident, if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully you'll be the last for a lonnnnggg time.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline Lurch

• Board Regular!
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 10:44:01 AM »
Well I went down and approved the odering of parts to fix up the bike this weekend :clap: The guys insurance company paid out well so I will be sporting a few extras on the bike when I get her back :motorsmile: The bike is supposed to be done hopefully by this friday. As soon as I get her back I'll take som pcs of the new improvements

Offline bngboyd

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 11:56:26 AM »
Well I went down and approved the odering of parts to fix up the bike this weekend :clap: The guys insurance company paid out well so I will be sporting a few extras on the bike when I get her back :motorsmile: The bike is supposed to be done hopefully by this friday. As soon as I get her back I'll take som pcs of the new improvements

Very good to hear Lurch!  :congrats:

It is nice when a bad situation can be turned into a plus. Looking forward to seeing some pics.
Bob
Redding, Ca.

2007 Bandit 1250S Non-ABS Black
2005 Bandit 1200S Yosh RS-3 Slipon (Wrecked!)

Offline billincentraljersey

• Board Homesteader!
Please don't hurt me !
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 05:53:58 PM »
When you are down on the ground and the bike is spilling fluid, the guys is yelling at YOU !  Wow !  I would have screaming at the top of my lungs ... "Please don't hit me, I am hurt, you ran into me, I did not run into you, please don't hit me ! "
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 02:30:01 PM by billincentraljersey »
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Bragging Rights:  NJ to CA in 8 Days on my B1250ABS. Not quite ADV Rider.
07 B1250ABS, 90 Kawasaki Concours, 84 Moto Guzzi V65SP, 77 Yamaha XS360, xx-77 NYC Subway

Offline Lurch

• Board Regular!
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 02:31:36 AM »
I just posted the pics of my newly modified bike HERE

Offline bngboyd

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 12:03:13 PM »
Sweeeeeeet!!!

Love the lowers and flush mount signals. Lurch, your bike really does look great!  :congrats:
Bob
Redding, Ca.

2007 Bandit 1250S Non-ABS Black
2005 Bandit 1200S Yosh RS-3 Slipon (Wrecked!)

Offline Lurch

• Board Regular!
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 03:07:12 PM »
Sweeeeeeet!!!

Love the lowers and flush mount signals. Lurch, your bike really does look great!  :congrats:

Thanks I'm really diggin the new look :thumb:

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 02:23:54 AM »
Not motorcycle related, but I guess it fits the thread to a degree. :grin: I was just in a hit and run! Coming home from the City ~hour ago some Neanderthal pulls a U-ie and hits me nearly head-on (left front fender, tough NOT to notice bopping me), knocks me over and side-swipes me as he finishes his turn. Goes on like nothing happened, even stopped for the red light down the block. Took off as I ran after him. Fortunately he was doing ~10mph as he turned, so I'm mostly banged and scraped, with a possible hairline fracture in my left index finger. Unfortunately I didn't get his license number.

That's entertainment!

Offline Lurch

• Board Regular!
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 10:45:45 AM »
Not motorcycle related, but I guess it fits the thread to a degree. :grin: I was just in a hit and run! Coming home from the City ~hour ago some Neanderthal pulls a U-ie and hits me nearly head-on (left front fender, tough NOT to notice bopping me), knocks me over and side-swipes me as he finishes his turn. Goes on like nothing happened, even stopped for the red light down the block. Took off as I ran after him. Fortunately he was doing ~10mph as he turned, so I'm mostly banged and scraped, with a possible hairline fracture in my left index finger. Unfortunately I didn't get his license number.

That's entertainment!

Man that sucks!! sorry to here it. I swear some people just need to be drug into the street and shot