Author Topic: GSX-R1000 $12k OTD, dealer won't trade-in my 05 B12 (5K)  (Read 35293 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
GSX-R1000 $12k OTD, dealer won't trade-in my 05 B12 (5K)
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2007, 03:21:51 PM »
The ELR's and green Rex's do look good in my book, too... but I like the looks of the GS1000S Wes Cooley Replica - in white/blue or white/red better.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2007, 03:30:06 PM »
Quote from: "Dreadnought"
Quote from: "ZenMan"

Beauty is in the eye of the owner.  :wink:

I like the looks of the 2G too... and the 1G. But of course my 3G is the most pleasing to my eye.  :bandit:

You don't have a 3G though....I like the 3G (SACS) best with the 4G (WC&I Bandit) coming in a close second :lol:

Well, that's a matter of debate. The most widely accepted opinion is that the '06 is actually the 2.5G, because it's a transition model with the new frame and the old engine. At least that's the official finding over at MaxSuzuki. The '07 has been declared the 3G Bandit. Makes sense to me.

But whichever way you label them, the '06 and '07 look nearly identical except for the engine. I admit the black engine looks good, but the new 1255cc mill would look even better in black, in my opinion.  :bandit:

If I ever tear it down, I'll probably powder-coat it satin black. Now that would look freakin' awesome, aye?  :motorsmile:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2007, 04:09:55 PM »

Well, that's a matter of debate. The most widely accepted opinion is that the '06 is actually the 2.5G, because it's a transition model with the new frame and the old engine. At least that's the official finding over at MaxSuzuki. The '07 has been declared the 3G Bandit. Makes sense to me.

But whichever way you label them, the '06 and '07 look nearly identical except for the engine. I admit the black engine looks good, but the new 1255cc mill would look even better in black, in my opinion.  :bandit:

If I ever tear it down, I'll probably powder-coat it satin black. Now that would look freakin' awesome, aye?  :motorsmile:

Its really not worth debating :bandit:

I think a darker colored engine in the 07 would have made it much more attractive...but then I've said that before :wink:

:motorsmile:
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2007, 04:15:25 PM »
:clap:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2007, 04:15:51 PM »
Who died and made them the authority?  :lol:  :stickpoke:
They aren't even a Bandit exclusive site!  :lol: :stir:

The first bodywork change gave us the "2G." Then the '05 650 came out with the current look. At that time, we had no idea there was a new motor on the horizon (though I'm sure Suzuki did). No one was calling the '05 bike a 2.5G... it was the 3G. Along comes the '07 model with the same bodywork and a new pair of powerplants. The first time in big Bandit's history the biggest one got the latest upgrade at the same time. So to me anyway, and I'm not the authority either, the '07 is either a 3.5G or a 4G.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2007, 04:39:25 PM »
Ok, I really don't care and whatever the general consensus is will be fine with me... why not start a debate thread and then have a vote?

My opinion is this... the '06 was a transitional model with the new frame and the old engine... halfway between the 2G and the 3G.  :bandit:

The '06 was only made for one year, and not available worldwide... does that qualify as a whole generation?  :roll:

It doesn't matter what people were calling the '06 back then, what matters is what to call it now. The '07 is obviously going to be around in it's present form for a few years... so it doesn't make sense to put a .5 in there. It's either a 3G or a 4G... I really don't care which. I just want to come to an agreement so everybody knows what each other is talking about.

CWO, if you loved the OLD engine so much, you shouldn't have sold your 2G. You lost your bragging rights then. Especially with all your recent treasonous talk of Gixxers and Busas and even  :yikes: Concours... :stickpoke: :roll:  :lol:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2007, 06:12:38 PM »

The '06 was only made for one year, and not available worldwide... does that qualify as a whole generation?  :roll:

Yes...just because the US didn't get to play doesn't mean the 06 isn't a whole generation on its own...also, there are more differences between an 06 and an 05- than there are between an 06 and an 07 :deadhorse:

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2007, 08:18:41 PM »

Yes...just because the US didn't get to play doesn't mean the 06 isn't a whole generation on its own...also, there are more differences between an 06 and an 05- than there are between an 06 and an 07 :deadhorse:

Yeah right! Except for entire engine, transmission, ignition, exhaust, and fuel system.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2007, 09:09:29 PM »

Yeah right! Except for entire engine, transmission, ignition, exhaust, and fuel system.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And that's the only thing the same from an 06 to a previous gen...the air box isn't even the same on a 06...now please realize that I think the 07 is a fine bike but it is not the be all end all of motorcycles...get it through your head also that there is really very little difference between an 06 and 07...power unit not withstanding...I know its hard for you to fathom that because you've never actually seen an 06 in the flesh but I have seen them both close hand...also I've read everything there is to read (at least in english) on the 06 and the 07 if you had done the same then you would realize that I know of what I speak (or type)...

Now go ahead with your getting the last word in, because I know you are going to...then lets drop the egos and get the bikes off their frickin' pedestals on the road...

:bigok:

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Im selling all my bikes to buy a new ?????
« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2007, 10:37:08 PM »

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2007, 10:39:45 PM »
And that's the only thing the same from an 06 to a previous gen...the air box isn't even the same on a 06...now please realize that I think the 07 is a fine bike but it is not the be all end all of motorcycles...get it through your head also that there is really very little difference between an 06 and 07...power unit not withstanding...I know its hard for you to fathom that because you've never actually seen an 06 in the flesh but I have seen them both close hand...also I've read everything there is to read (at least in english) on the 06 and the 07 if you had done the same then you would realize that I know of what I speak (or type)...

Now go ahead with your getting the last word in, because I know you are going to...then lets drop the egos and get the bikes off their frickin' pedestals on the road...

:bigok:

Oh come on, Dread! What's with all the hostility? It seems you're the one whose ego is getting bruised here! Touchy, touchy!  :stickpoke:

I already said I DON'T CARE which "generation" you wanna call them... I just put my two cents in as part of the debate. Why are you getting all bent out of shape?

Sounds like you've had this argument before... well, don't put me in there with whoever you were butting heads with.

Just for the record, why can't you accept the fact that the '06 was the first step towards the '07? It's obvious that Suzuki made the changes in anticipation of the 1250 engine. But that doesn't take anything away from your bike!

In fact, for ya'll that love the old SACS engine so much, then the '06 is the best of both worlds. You have your beloved engine in an improved chassis and suspension... I would think you'd be happy that you have this rare combination!

I never once bad-mouthed your bike... just because I called it a 2.5G you get this upset? Forget iT, man! Lighten up!  :roll:

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2007, 10:50:58 PM »

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #237 on: May 09, 2007, 11:19:55 PM »
Quote from: "CWO4GUNNER"
Yup, don't listen to him Dreadnought. You remember what everybody said about your bike when they saw it, it is the best and the last before the "great-leap" to the new bike. :lol:
   Just think Dreadnought you can ride with the confidence that nothing will be recalled because the 06 is generational perfection and the 05 was the race commemorative model, wont see that again. Actually all 3 excellent bikes are excellent and the new versions will get only greener. :bandit:

Hmmm... the "expert" orates once again... who's never touched either an '06 or an '07.

Which model do you have, CWO? Oh , that right... YOU DON'T OWN A BANDIT!  :lol: You have a "ZERO-G"!  :lol:  :stickpoke:  :lol:  :bandit:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2007, 10:15:43 AM »
    :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

Of course they only made the '06 for one year. They'll only make the '07 for one year, too.  :lol:

But I think I know what you mean and if I'm right, you are forgetting the transitional generation did not start with the '06 model, it started with the '05 Bandit 650.
Just because the USA didn't get it or any of the '06 Bandits  doesn't mean they don't count.  :duh:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2007, 10:59:31 AM »
Quote from: "Red01"
Just because the USA didn't get it or any of the '06 Bandits  doesn't mean they don't count.  :duh:

I never specifically mentioned the U.S., I said "it wasn't available worldwide".

And I didn't say it doesn't count,, I said "does one year qualify as a generation?".

Please don't put words in my mouth.

You know. Dread started this whole thing when he told me: "You don't have a 3G".

All I tried to do was have a concensus so as to avoid confusion, as done elsewhere.

Guess what, kids? Obviously everyone is too sensitive and emotional about this to have a rational discussion, and frankly I don't give a crap... so Dread, you wanna call your bike a 3G? You got it! We'll call mine a 4G, or a 5G, or a freakin' 500G for all I care.

Happy? I hope so, because if ya'll wanna bitch about it further, count me out. :bigok:

:scaredmouse:  :blah: