Author Topic: GSX-R1000 $12k OTD, dealer won't trade-in my 05 B12 (5K)  (Read 35311 times)

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
GSX-R1000 $12k OTD, dealer won't trade-in my 05 B12 (5K)
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2007, 01:44:54 PM »
Quote from: "ZenMan"
Haven't ya'll figured out my warped sense of humor yet?  :taz:  :duh:  :roll:  :bandit:

I got the warped part,...  :stickpoke:

I knew it wasn't a "push off"... I just figured with all the interpretation things going around, that I'd add my
$ .0173913USD
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2007, 03:16:07 PM »
Jeezus, you guys... when I said this:

This is BanditAlley... and you just contributed to it. If you buy a gixxer, you'll have to go to the gixxer/squid boards to get your tech data. And you wouldn't like it there, believe me.

it was meant tonque-in-cheek... as a joking incentive to stick around. NOT even remotely intended to "kick out" anyone.  :roll:

Haven't ya'll figured out my warped sense of humor yet?  :taz:  :duh:  :roll:  :bandit:

That's how I took it... anyone that's been around here very long knows we never kick anyone out once their Bandit is gone. Even if they don't replace the bike at all. We've got former Bandit owners with Speed Triples, Hayabusas, CBR's, Hornets, and so on.  I didn't take what you said as an invitation to leave, just he wouldn't get Gixxer-spefic stuff from us and for that, he'd hafta go somewhere else... and that's probably true unless someone else here has experience with that bike, too.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2007, 05:04:42 PM »
I wasn't worried about Gunner running off to his bedroom in tears.  I was just trying to show the softer side of Sears.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2007, 07:14:46 PM »
Quote from: "stormi"

Hey wait,.. you were gonna meet me around Minnesota but you'll come as far as Montana for Dreadnought?  :stickpoke:

Its a guy thing :lol:

Dreadnought and I are,  for all intents and purposes, in the same city.  No meet up necessary.  Grab katamaniac and Sven, and some others "out your way" and we could see who else turns up...

You know,.. if we could get a few people together, we could have a little Bandit meet, and ride "Going to the sun" (West Glacier NP).  Montana may be doable for me this year, if a couple of cards fall into place when they're supposed to.

As I have mentioned I will be riding out to the coast (June 21-Jul 2) but I could be persuaded to break up that block of time if something begins to form up over the next month...otherwise I'll have used up all of my vac time for this year (going to Disneyland and San Diego over Xmas and New Years) :grin:
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2007, 12:18:29 AM »
:clap:

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2007, 02:28:47 AM »
dont forget the guy who just got a buell! LOL i have been off my bandit for almost 3 1/2 years and no one kicked me off yet?  :stickpoke:  if ya want to know stuff about a first egn bandit i still remeber some stuff. now that you mention it i dont think i have gotten any useful info for my triple here?  :roll:  i still like to keep in touch with the bandit guys from the rallies i have been to. and have met some good riding buddies from this site.
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2007, 02:52:25 AM »
Quote from: "Dreadnought"

Hey wait,.. you were gonna meet me around Minnesota but you'll come as far as Montana for Dreadnought?  :stickpoke:

Dreadnought and I are,  for all intents and purposes, in the same city.  No meet up necessary.  Grab katamaniac and Sven, and some others "out your way" and we could see who else turns up...

You know,.. if we could get a few people together, we could have a little Bandit meet, and ride "Going to the sun" (West Glacier NP).  Montana may be doable for me this year, if a couple of cards fall into place when they're supposed to.

As I have mentioned I will be riding out to the coast (June 21-Jul 2) but I could be persuaded to break up that block of time if something begins to form up over the next month...otherwise I'll have used up all of my vac time for this year (going to Disneyland and San Diego over Xmas and New Years) :grin:

Well there's not much chance of me being ready for a long trip by July 4th, though I'm hoping I'll be riding at least a couple hours a day by then locally. I'm thinking for me, it'll be late August or early September before I'm ready for 500 mile days and tent camping.

That doesn't mean ya'll can't get together without me though... sure I'll be envious but I sure wouldn't want to hold back anyone's fun.  :motorsmile:

But if ya'll think there's enough interest to get a Autumn CanAm Expedition together for say, the first 2 weeks of September... I think I could be up for that. Maybe we could find a way for those who want to do the motel thing along with the camping types... there's plenty of campgrounds that have tent space and cabins too, I would think.

Do ya'll think it's worth starting an A.C.E. Rally thread in the Rides/Events section and see if it catches on?
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2007, 03:09:47 AM »
Quote from: "speedytriple"
dont forget the guy who just got a buell! LOL i have been off my bandit for almost 3 1/2 years and no one kicked me off yet?  :stickpoke:  if ya want to know stuff about a first egn bandit i still remeber some stuff. now that you mention it i dont think i have gotten any useful info for my triple here?  :roll:  i still like to keep in touch with the bandit guys from the rallies i have been to. and have met some good riding buddies from this site.

I still hang out at the V-Strom Riders International board even though I sold my V-Strom... I like the folks there and we've had a few folks come here and stay overnight on their travels... just as anyone on this board is welcome here for bed and breakfast.

Think of our farm as a way-station and sanctuary for two-wheeled travelers. We have lots of room for camping, a trailer, motorhome, and even a spare apartment with shower and kitchenette.

Plus a fully equipped shop with welders, compressor/air tools, even a cranky old tire machine for any repairs one would need on their bike.

In fact we've been talking about having a little weekend get-together and invite folks from here and the V-Strom board too... there's lots of great asphalt twisties for the sporty riders, and lots of gravel roads for the adventure riders. Be kind of cool to get folks from two genres of motorcycles together in one place, ya think?
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2007, 07:27:35 AM »
That would be awsome Zen Man.Any time you gather a bunch of good pepole,motorcycles,where there are good places to ride and good envirment to stay ,all sounds good to me. Don't know if I can make it or not,but it sure sounds like fun.    Dan

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2007, 09:58:55 AM »
Hey Zen, sounds like you have the perfect setup for a m/c campground like the ones in The Tail of the Dragon area.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2007, 01:10:57 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"
Hey Zen, sounds like you have the perfect setup for a m/c campground like the ones in The Tail of the Dragon area.

It already is... but there are no fees and I'll even cook ya breakfast.  :bandit:

There's a 50-mile stretch of road here that has over 100 curves in it... everything from tight to sweeping, off-camber to double-apex. And a dozen parks and picnic areas at several rivers and lakes to stop for breaks. In the summer groups of motorcycles are always going up and down.

There's several 100-mile "loops" I ride that have diverse road surfaces, curves, straights, and roller-coaster hills... some you can get air on if you take them over 100 mph. And when I had my V-Strom, half the miles I put on her were back-country gravel roads... hundreds of miles of them.

And here I am stuck in this sling... it's a gorgeous day out, too. AAARRGGHH!  :duh:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2007, 02:19:03 PM »
I was just thinkin' if you ever needed cash in your retirement, you could do a m/c camp for fee instead of free.

50 miles and 100 curves? That qualifies as a straight road around here.  :wink:
One of my faves 'round here is the road up Mt. Constitution on Orcas Island. 82 curves in 5 miles with a elevation change of ~2000'. The ferry ride out to the island is quite scenic as it weaves thru the San Juan Islands and the view from the top of Mt. Connie ain't half bad either.

But then, you ought to know that, you used to live 'round here, right? I just needed a reason to post a pic from a past ride since I'm stuck @ work and it's finally clearing up here.
 :bandit:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2007, 05:57:34 PM »
Nice pic!  :bigok:

I was just thinkin' if you ever needed cash in your retirement, you could do a m/c camp for fee instead of free.

Hey, I'm semi-retired now... I don't want to have to work that hard!

If it evolves, I'll set up a donation box and use the money to improve the facilities. If I charged fees, then people would have the right to complain and demand things. Why would I want that?  :roll:

50 miles and 100 curves? That qualifies as a straight road around here.  :wink:
One of my faves 'round here is the road up Mt. Constitution on Orcas Island. 82 curves in 5 miles with a elevation change of ~2000'.

82 curves in 5 miles is way too much...  like a go-cart track. You can't really get up to speed.

Our roads are more like race courses... you have enough straights in between to get up over 140 mph and then hard-brake and downshift to get around a series of S's, and the hills are up AND down instead of a constant grade. Huge fun!  :bandit:

But then, you ought to know that, you used to live 'round here, right? I just needed a reason to post a pic from a past ride since I'm stuck @ work and it's finally clearing up here.
 :bandit:

I feel for ya.  :sad: I'm in a similar boat.

Speaking of boats, I didn't ride many ferries except the Kingston/Edmonds commute... but I did have a timeshare on a Catalina 27 and sailed that baby around the San Juans a few times. I sure miss it.  :wink:

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2007, 12:51:06 AM »

Oh sure,.. that's always the answer I get when something doesn't make sense. :wink:

Late June/ Early July -may- be a little early for me... but I should know a little more later in the month ( i.e. May)

I'm thinking for me, it'll be late August or early September before I'm ready for 500 mile days and tent camping.

Wow,.. 500mile days?  I don't know that I've ever -driven- that far in a day...

Sometime in the "summer" works best for me,.. that way I can arrange child care.  During school time, I have no one to make sure the almost teenager doesn't get into too much.

Do ya'll think it's worth starting an A.C.E. Rally thread in the Rides/Events section and see if it catches on?

Sure,.. go ahead and start it, we'll see what happens.  I have a couple of contributing factors that are going to determine whether or not I can manage this this year, but I don't mind being in on the planning if nothing else.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2007, 01:16:26 AM »
Wow,.. 500mile days?  I don't know that I've ever -driven- that far in a day...

I guess my longest two-wheel day was about 15 miles short of that, but I've done the 17-hours behind the wheel thing several times.  You get a little spacey when you stop at McDonald's to offload a little fluid and pick up some more, and it has the same decor/theme as the one two states back.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car