Author Topic: Happy Holidays!  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
Happy Holidays!
« on: December 25, 2006, 01:02:44 AM »
Happy Holidays to all!

Thought I would share some Video I had shot today, nothing like I nice little Cruz on Christmas Eve.

Mongo
 :motorsmile:

02 1200 Fighter
Do chickens fly? Yea and a Hell of a lot faster than reindeer!!!!

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Happy Holidays!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 04:50:26 PM »
It was a little too wet up here (for me) to go for a Christmas or Christmas Eve ride, but now that I'm home again, rest assured, the trusty steed WILL be excercised on the first dry opportunity.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline jimmym1296

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.jandjloghomes.com
Happy Holidays!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 09:06:35 PM »
A Merry & Blessed Christmas to everyone and a Happy & Safe New Year as well. I hope everyone can put on many safe and fun miles in the coming year.
jimmym

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
Happy Holidays!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 09:27:59 PM »
Christmas day ride! Turbo Bob is on point that would be his camera in the lower left he is followed by his wife Beth and the her sister Sheri with her new husband to be and me on sweeper shooting the rear video!

02 1200 Fighter

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
Happy Holidays!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 07:28:58 PM »
And a belated Merry Christmas to all from Cowtown....
but actually I'm in Winterpeg for the holidays......
Amazingly enough, the weather here has been fantastic.....
at least compared to what it CAN be....
But no/no/no riding at all....streets are a little icy in spots...
Of course, if I was hard core, I would have trailered #17 along with me and gone for a ride.....right??!!??:wink:
For those of you NOT in the snowbelt anywhere, enjoy your Christmas/Boxing Day rides......
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
Happy Holidays!
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 11:02:22 PM »
We managed a couple of hours around town yesterday and again today.  But it's cold here and even with heated vests it was cold.
Our luck seems to be running out here as we have a Heavy snowfall warning for tonight.   It is looking like there will be no News Years Day ride this year.   We did 200 km last year.   I guess we will have to settle for going to the Bike Show in Calgary on the 5th.  I can sit on a few and imagine.

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
Happy Holidays!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 11:11:54 PM »
That's why I shoot Video while the weathers good (like it ever gets that bad) but when I can't ride just slap in a DVD put on the helmet and set on the couch and wish! :duh:
02 1200 Fighter

Offline Caper#5

• TURBO TYPER!
Happy Holidays!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 10:09:50 AM »
A little late for Merry xmas, so Happy Holidays instead and a Happy New Year. Those of you who can ride this time of year, drive a litlle longer for us! :motorsmile:
2005 GSF 650S

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
Happy Holidays!
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 07:31:11 PM »
That's why I shoot Video while the weathers good (like it ever gets that bad) but when I can't ride just slap in a DVD put on the helmet and set on the couch and wish!

Mongo, thanks for the Christmas ride video. You must be the Cecile B Demille or Martin Scorsese of bike vids. Stuff like the pic-in-pic is total black magic to an old fart like me. That must be a HUGE file. Great stuff, regardless.....and I don't even need to make a DVD....just go to Mongo's P/Bucket site and presto....I'm in SoCal on the twisties.....
Have I ever mentioned that I hate winter in the snowbelt?? :gagme:
:lol:  :lol:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
Happy Holidays!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 08:55:02 PM »
Quote from: "H2RICK"
That's why I shoot Video while the weathers good (like it ever gets that bad) but when I can't ride just slap in a DVD put on the helmet and set on the couch and wish!

Mongo, thanks for the Christmas ride video. You must be the Cecile B Demille or Martin Scorsese of bike vids. Stuff like the pic-in-pic is total black magic to an old fart like me. That must be a HUGE file. Great stuff, regardless.....and I don't even need to make a DVD....just go to Mongo's P/Bucket site and presto....I'm in SoCal on the twisties.....
Have I ever mentioned that I hate winter in the snowbelt?? :gagme:
:lol:  :lol:

No black magic involved just  $300 in a mini DV recorder, the camera mount cost me a bottle of Gentleman Jack to have one of my buddies fab that up and another $150 in computer equipment. OK a hell of a lot of patience is involved in the trial and error department but it's no big deal. Turbo Bob has a set up also, granted I have to edit his vids too but it makes for some good conversation on the message boards!
02 1200 Fighter