Author Topic: Has anyone used Moto Gp Apparel Jackets or Pants?  (Read 3711 times)

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Has anyone used Moto Gp Apparel Jackets or Pants?
« on: February 23, 2008, 01:32:35 AM »
I'm in need of some new riding gear, as well as track worthy gear. However living where I do, I won't be able to actually see (let alone try on) any of this stuff before ordering. There is some Teknic gear that would fit the bill as well as MotoGP, I know Teknic has a decent name but don't know of anyone wearing MotoGP. Comments? Experiences?
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Has anyone used Moto Gp Apparel Jackets or Pants?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 10:28:29 AM »
I THINK MotoGP is the sport stuff made by one of the bigger gear names - Tour Master, maybe???  Be careful with Teknic gear.  Their stuff is nice but their sizing is weird.  I think most of it runs really small.  Take a look at www.newenough.com.  I love them.  Even if you don't buy from them, each item has real-world sizing help.  Good luck!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 03:56:48 PM »
Take a look at www.newenough.com.  I love them.  Even if you don't buy from them, each item has real-world sizing help.  Good luck!

And usually a wealth of pictures taken from different angles/views.  :bigok:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 04:23:54 PM »
Certainly a good site...not a lot of womens gear   :sad:.
 I must say I'm impressed by the shear number of womens gear, especially sport specific gear I've seen available now.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 04:20:14 AM »
Don't know if this is in your budget, but this is relatively breathable fabric (certainly more so than leather) that's track proven. It's sized to your measurements:
http://tinyurl.com/yo5wds
http://tinyurl.com/kjrly

Look around this site, as there are other 2-piece and 1-piece options in both Kevlar and high denier Cordura. All these are sized to measurements that you send to them. I have these:
http://tinyurl.com/35kbjc
http://tinyurl.com/ypjbn5

And they fit like a glove to the measurements I sent them. Although my gear isn't "track-rated", it's better than most track leathers.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 04:23:33 AM by Vidrazor »

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 12:54:29 PM »
fit like a glove to the measurements I sent them.
Wow what a cool concept, wouldn't that just be the ticket!
Trouble is I need track rated gear, I can get by with pretty much anything at track school, but if I decide that I want to take in a few more track days I'll need approved gear.
That said this IS the ticket.
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 03:31:46 PM »
The first two links are for track-rated gear. Like it says on the site: "We placed third in the FIM World Championship Series and have more than 50 riders racing in our Kevlar suits all over the USA."

The outfit I bought is great 'cause it gives you the best protection you're going to get in hot weather (I wore it in a 100°F heatwave!), and with it's additional liners I've used the outfit down into the 20s F. It's really a four season outfit. Of course if you could afford it I would say get both.

They claim on the side bar for the track outfit that you can use it even in hot weather. I'm not sure how, as It's not a mesh, but it may breathe enough. You may just do well enough with that outfit.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 03:36:55 PM by Vidrazor »

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 11:47:19 AM »
well thought i'd post an update. My moto gp gear came in  :bandit: :bandit:
it's well awesome to be exact, seems to be of great quality and the fit is comparable to other brands/sizing. Although I lucked out and this fits me better than both the joe rocket and icon i tried on. As a woman rider 5'9" most coats have arms too short for me. This one is perfect...i'm in love. Even the pants are in correct sizing...so I'll have to order a smaller pair since I ordered larger than normal thinking that sizing was off as  :taz:. I'll post in the review section once my new exhaust comes in and the last of the snow melts and I actually get to try it.

don't make fun...i just got up AND my pants are almost falling down!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 04:44:23 PM »
>>don't make fun...i just got up AND my pants are almost falling down!<<

I think you look cute.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 05:07:41 PM »
Looks great.

The gear looks good, too.  :bandit:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline willo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 07:10:08 PM »
You pretty  :wink: Young and pretty  :evil1: from old aussie bloke  :taz: :aus:

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 09:16:38 AM »
>>don't make fun...i just got up AND my pants are almost falling down!<<

I think you look cute.

+1  There's just something incredibly sexy about women wearing riding gear. My girlfriend is a clothes-alholic, but I'm happy she gets excited about getting new gear or even looking at it when we go to a shop.

Little late to the party, but I think the MotoGP stuff is of good quality. I picked up the GP Corkscrew perfed leather jacket from New Enough last year when they had it on sale. I think their sizing runs a bit small, but still good stuff. My JR Meteor jacket is way more roomy than my GP jacket even though both are XXL.

Enjoy the new gear  :beers:
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 10:44:54 AM »
thanks for the compliments guy :blush: i'm just glad to finally have some decent gear  :grin:, my old joe rocket has...i'm embarrassed to admit duck tape on it, need i say more  :roll:...
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline Old_n_Slow

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 08:36:53 AM »
Miriam, you look a lot better in your MotoGP gear than I do in mine. I've used the stuff for a few years, along with Joe Rocket and First Gear. I don't do track days any more but I do a lot of tin-butt stuff, 300 to 500 mile days for charity events sorta things. The MotoGPs are very comfortable, I really like the articulated knees in my Alpines. My only complaint is when wearing the pants over the boots, they fit too loose and are a leak point for rain and/or water crossings. A spot where MotoGP shines over Rocket or First Gear is in the neck, never any chaffing or discomfort there. Hope you have great luck with your new gear!
2009 KLR 650
2006 ST 1300

"you live and learn, or you don't live long"