Author Topic: Have You Practiced Your WAVE?????  (Read 8982 times)

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
Have You Practiced Your WAVE?????
« on: May 03, 2006, 07:23:03 AM »
C'mon now, admit it - there you are riding down a lonely country road and you drop your left hand down and practice your wave!!  Am I right?

Do you go for the cool 45 degree point going down toward the other bike?  The smaller index finger point?    The full hand slap method?  Or the Queen Elizabeth curleque??

Be honest! :motorsmile:

Jim

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 08:22:19 AM »
You do dontcha ROFL...  Wavin at the bushes J ???

I never really thought about it.  Mine was always just lift the left hand about 3 inches and point at them casually with 2 fingers (index and the one next to it), kinda like a sideways one-two peace sign.  I always did it to cops as we passed on 2 laners just to acknowledge I was aware of the road, and most flicked a wave back through the widshield.  Really only a couple looked staraight at me and snubbed.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 08:41:31 AM »
I usually go for the biggest, gayest wave I can muster.  Think the Jim Carey character in Dumb and Dumber or Forest Gump whe Lt. Dan shows up on the dock of his shrimp boat.   :bigok:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline ArcticEd

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 09:23:31 AM »
Quote from: "PitterB4"
I usually go for the biggest, gayest wave I can muster.  Think the Jim Carey character in Dumb and Dumber or Forest Gump whe Lt. Dan shows up on the dock of his shrimp boat.   :bigok:

LMFAO !
Some people are like Slinkies.
They're really good for nothing.
But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 10:02:26 AM »
I just lift the four fingers of my left hand without letting go of the bars.  Oh, well, I used to until I put the V-Strom handguards on.  Now I nod.

It's safer than taking your hands off "the wheel".

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 11:47:04 AM »
I don't practice it, there are enough bikes on the road around here I don't need to do that.  :lol:

I do the sideways peace sign, like Mike, but do it below the bars instead of raised.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 12:08:09 PM »
hell most of the guys around here ride hardly ablesons and dont wave at all. and the stunta dorks dont wave either. i have all but givin up on waving at anyone most of the time. i wave at the guys riding beemers in the rain like me they are real riders. ohio has the most unfriendly riders i have come across. when riding out of state everyone waves at everyone. cruiser guys mostly snub ya.

mike
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline ATC'er

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 12:09:41 PM »
If it's a Harley, I stand on the footpegs, lift my shirt, and rub my nipples.  :grin:
Chuck
2005 Bandit 1200S

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 12:29:35 PM »
Quote from: "ATC'er"
If it's a Harley, I stand on the footpegs, lift my shirt, and rub my nipples.  :grin:

:duh: TMI! :clubme:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ArcticEd

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 01:50:21 PM »

Scooter Slut.

:lol:
Some people are like Slinkies.
They're really good for nothing.
But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline bassguytom

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 04:02:44 PM »

ROFLMAO!   :banana:

Offline Silverstreak

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 09:24:06 PM »
I was ridin home from work yesterday and saw another rider coming my way. Instantly I thought of this thread and the Forest Gump wave. I smiled to myself and without further thought I began to wave like a retard. I was a big exagerated wave and I kinda bounced up and down. Then I started to laugh. I laughed the rest of the way home (10 min). It was a great  and healing laugh, thanks PitterB4 and jbrough7.
Do or do not, there is no try.  
-Yoda

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 10:10:37 PM »
Quote from: "Silverstreak"
I was ridin home from work yesterday and saw another rider coming my way. Instantly I thought of this thread and the Forest Gump wave. I smiled to myself and without further thought I began to wave like a retard. I was a big exagerated wave and I kinda bounced up and down. Then I started to laugh. I laughed the rest of the way home (10 min). It was a great  and healing laugh, thanks PitterB4 and jbrough7.

Oh man - I got a good belly laugh picturing that!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline GETFURIOUS

• CAPS LOCK IS STUCK
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 01:08:57 AM »
Quote from: "speedytriple"
hell most of the guys around here ride hardly ablesons and dont wave at all. and the stunta dorks dont wave either. i have all but givin up on waving at anyone most of the time. i wave at the guys riding beemers in the rain like me they are real riders. ohio has the most unfriendly riders i have come across. when riding out of state everyone waves at everyone. cruiser guys mostly snub ya.

mike

I USE THE LOWERED TWO FINGER SIDEWAYS PEACE SIGN WAVE.....

I WAVE TO ALL OF THEM, WHETHER THEY WAVE BACK OR NOT.....

MOST RIDERS IN THIS AREA WILL WAVE, EVEN THE DIE-HARD HARLEY RIDERS.....

WHAT I FIND TO BE REALLY FUNNY, IS WHEN I WAVE TO PEOPLE RIDING SCOOTERS, AND THEY DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO.....

SOME OF THEM WAVE.....

SOME DON’T WAVE.....

BUT, THEN THERE ARE THE ONES WHO GET STUCK BETWEEN WAVING AND NOT WAVING AND ALMOST FALL OFF OF THE SCOOTER TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO.....
2001 BANDIT 1200S - MY DOCTOR ALWAYS SAYS, TAKE A SHOT OF B-12 AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING!  I LOVE MY DOCTOR!

W-T-B - AFTERMARKET CHROME/POLISHED WHEELS-LIKE THESE-http://www.exoticsportbike.com/star2.htm

Offline jeepskate99

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 08:31:56 AM »
I wave with a raised above the bars quick "regular" wave.  If it's a Harley I will sometimes put both arms straight up and wave them like a kid trying to stop an Ice cream truck.  At least if the rider looks "too cool".
There are no stupid questions,  only stupid people asking questions!