Author Topic: Hello to all.  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
Hello to all.
« on: August 27, 2006, 07:05:16 PM »
Like GFSDestiny I too was a gs750 owner that just stepped up. I went whole hog and traded up for a new 1200S, Blue. I AM IN HEAVEN!!! Waited way too long for this. The bike has everything I have been looking for. Power, comfort, looks and dependability. In my 55th year this could truely be my last bike. If I die on it I will have died doing what I truely love. If it grows old with me, even better. I've already got the shop manual and even tho I intend to leave it alone for a while I am kind of itchin to see its guts. But I'll wait. One thing tho... cruisin is not quite the sound I'm looking for. Over 5 grand and that great growl comes alive. I have checked pretty well everywhere for a new can and apparently it's too soon to get one for the 06. Looks like I'm going for the Yosh oval carbon fiber slipon but the US Yosh distributors tell me I have to wait. Any input on this? And, do I need to rejet if I go that route?
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!

Offline mothman

• TURBO TYPER!
Hello to all.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 03:07:59 AM »
Congrats on the new bike! I know just how you feel. I've got a 2000 GSFS. I got it while I'm rebuilding a '79 Honda CB 750 F.
Just had to ride. Now I ride more then wrench.
I don't know about the pipe however someone will probably jump in before long. It may take a little while as most of these cats are  :motorsmile: . Be safe.
Where am I?

Offline 0to60

• TURBO TYPER!
Hello to all.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 01:23:46 PM »
:congrats:  on the new B 12! Good choice. Yosh is an excellent choice of pipe (my B6 hs a yosh and it growls something serious). I'm not sure about the wait on the pipe, but if the 2006 B12 is mechanically unchanged from previous models then the same yosh pipe used on those models should work on the 06 B12 also. The jet kit is highly suggested becaused it takes the cold bloodedness out of the Bandit (easier to start in cold weather) and eliminates the flat spot at 4000rpms. Also a jetkit and pipe upgrade will give you a 15-20 hp gain on the B12.    Stock 101hp   mods115-120hp.

The only thing that matters is how fast you can get from 0 to 60, because top speed is secondary
The only thing that matters is how fast you can get from 0 to 60, because top speed is secondary

Offline GSFStiny

• Board Homesteader!
Hello to all.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 02:44:30 PM »
My b12 has a vance & hines slip on.  It is almost silent below 3k, from 4k-4500 its a bit buzzy, but above that its got a great snarl to it without being excessively loud.  I would say youll have to do some kind of rejetting if you make many changes.  Ill let the carb gurus handle that though.
I used to think the brain was the most fascinating organ in the body.  Then I thought, 'well sure, look who's telling me that.'

99 bandit 1200s