Author Topic: Help me before i screw up BIG time!!!  (Read 9754 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Help me before i screw up BIG time!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 11:51:40 AM »
Thanks Red01. Yes i agree they are! The two ends are the problem! I don't like the deep space nine, space Odyssey Look! It's mine now!! I still look at it (her) with the why did i need it when the Bandit did it all and more! The windshield needs to be taller, The seat is comfy but looks like something you would cover for a soap box racer. The engine,exhaust,etc is stuffed away like its something to hide! And i miss my hard stand already! The seat/or hump thingy, they say will hold a gal of milk if moded i left @ the dealer.. Will pick it up later! I don't think it will ever get put on it! It looks like it's something for the hood! Which is where a bunch of these reside i know! But they do slink around the corners better than the Bandit and the wildcat, scalding, get up and gone!! Even at break in rp's GONE! As if i need more? Anyone thinking of one of these go out and rent one first! I wonder? THANK'S for letting me stay. :banana:  And if anyone knows of a decent site for these let me know please.. The ones i found doing a search are unkept, don't work, or i'm just spoiled by this one!!!    :beers:  :thanks:  

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 12:25:20 PM »
You can get a centerstand for them...
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline b4cruz

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 02:02:44 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"
Eye-abuser

GENIUS, made my sunday morning

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 05:46:46 PM »
Quote from: "b4cruz"
Quote from: "Red01"
Eye-abuser

GENIUS, made my sunday morning

Hey now that wasn't nice! Want to go for it? Straight line that is! & now i have another one, more posts than you b4cruz.. :stickpoke:  :beers:

Offline terrebandit

• Board Homesteader!
    • Daves Bandit Group
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 08:19:13 PM »
Congrats on the busa.  I think you made the right choice to sell the bandit.  I'd want greater diversity if I had two bikes and the busa and bandit are not that much different.  You are just trading some comfort for more power.
My Bandit(s) -click here  >={{{*>
2000 B12S "Good Ole Bob"
____ o7o____o7o ___Ride Safe!

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 09:50:29 AM »
Hey why didn't you good folks warn me these type people are out there!!
http://www.labusas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73701  Man i didn't realize this came with buying one of these! Stay with the Bandit! Its safer and makes much more sense!
 :duh: :motorsmile:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 09:59:48 AM »
That's LA Busas for ya... their level of maturity is low - as is many sport-bike forums.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 11:04:14 AM »
Hey Red01 Do you ever rest? U and others like you make this site what it is! I was tryin to get some word on exhaust for the new bike! They have to go ASAP.. But looks like its not as simple as the Bandits are! Fuel remap module or? I can't believe the RS3 Yoshi street would be noticed by the oxy sensor. :beers:

Offline banditII

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 11:34:58 AM »
Whew!  That labusa bunch needs to go back home to get some more home training.  Apparantly they had none.  The whole conversation involves just cussing each other out.  Not all busa owners are like that though.
Riding motorcycles..........and loving it! :-)

Warren

Offline ttewejnodnarb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 12:52:23 PM »
That 'Busa board gave me a headache!

Congrats, Daytona...very nice bike!

Since it's injected it will need either a Power Commander or a Cobra Fi2000 (i think).  The bad part is that they will cost $250 - $350 on top of the pipes.  The good part is that it will be plug-and-play.  Those units will come programmed for every major can manufacturer to get the best performace without going elbow deep into your bikes fuel managment system ala the bandit's carbs.  Let us know how things work out.  Good luck and enjoy! :congrats:
Brandon
98 B12S

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 01:20:18 PM »
Yup, you have to add a module into the loop... the modern equivalent to a jet kit.

IIRC, the Busa's EFI is open loop, if it was a closed loop system, the O2 sensor would probably be able to make up for simple mods like a new exhaust system. I know in cages, the closed loop setups will even handle more serious mods.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 01:22:01 PM »
Quote from: "Daytona"
Hey Red01 Do you ever rest? U and others like you make this site what it is! :beers:

I won't be on in the evenings as much as I used to since I just had a shift change @ work, so you'll see more of my posts earlier in the day now.  :motorsmile:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Slider

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 12:04:02 AM »
Jus' wunderin Daytonna
Do you wear any kind of Armour or leathers on this beast?
Mike
Bandit 12, Yoshi can, jets, KNN, Gen Mar risers, 3 Givi 36L hardbags

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 02:22:12 AM »
Quote from: "Mike Westbye"
Jus' wunderin Daytonna
Do you wear any kind of Armour or leathers on this beast?
Mike

Well i was going to but LaBusa.org said that was for ^%$$%%*^*&*& a torn T shirt, beach shorts, with blown out flip flops were all the busa rider needs @ 175+!! That way you don't ruin the better clothes they need to plant your parts in! Too hot for the safety gear here now! I have a J rocket that works until it gets hotter, & yes a good armoured heavey one for cooler nights. The prob is they were bought for the redish Bandit! :crybaby:  and wouldn't be fashionable enough for the busa! J/kiden! I am kinda like a buds mother i knew a few years ago! she had a yellow Cuda fast back with skinny bias tires, it wouldn't start one day cause it ran on its last cyl's 2 only. I popped the hood thinking it had a slant 6!! Yep 429 w/x ram. Just because its got it some don't have to use it! But i sure got to do something to get some sound out of this sewing machine sounding Behemoth!!  :beers:

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 06:17:47 AM »
busas are just something everyone should let themselves
experience/ride; its not something you need to keep/own.

I rode once once and it was a smooth ride and fast, but not something I would not want to own.

I'd want greater diversity if I had two bikes and the busa and bandit are not that much different. You are just trading some comfort for more power.

Actually they are quite different in a lot of ways.  The busa doesn't like the twisties as well as the bandit.  Glad to hear that you like it.  If it makes you happy, then go for it.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!