Author Topic: Help me before i screw up BIG time!!!  (Read 9773 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Help me before i screw up BIG time!!!
« on: February 17, 2006, 01:27:03 PM »
Hey i need help! I got this crazy craving i can't seem to shake off to put the old trusty Bandit out to pasture! Busa on my mind, even though i can't justify it? Please help me get over this sickness before its toooo late!!!! Maybe this Saturday $11200.00 out the door for a limited pearl, with 98 B12s 37k miles for 2k trade...   I can afford it. Tell me why i shouldn't please...  :duh:  :roll:

Offline b4cruz

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 02:05:43 PM »
busas are just something everyone should let themselves
experience/ride; its not something you need to keep/own.

bandits (even though its still easy and cheap to get them)
with all the work and love you put in are just things you tend to keep.

you can't have both for awhile?

Offline ttewejnodnarb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »
Busa's haven't changed...if you've got room in the stable and can afford the increase in insurance why not get an '02 or '03?  You could pick one up for about $7,500 max.  That keeps your bandit and gives you $$ left over to have a pro paint the beast in a pearl white! :banana:
Brandon
98 B12S

Offline tacoman

• Board Homesteader!
busa
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 02:50:50 PM »
I saw the 'Busa in Pearl White at the Cycle show.  They are sweet.  That color is just awesome.  It looked cool under the flourescent lights and I saw one last Sunday glistening in the sun.  There's something about one of the (if not thee) fastest production motorcycle in the world sitting there saying "buy me".  Even Jay Leno comments on the 'Busa saying for the $$ you get mind bending performance.  If you can afford it and the ergos won't bother you, go for it :motorsmile:

Offline 12sdrag

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 09:28:13 PM »
I say, Keep the bandit and buy the busa. Every man should have at least two bikes.
It is what it is and thats all it is till it is no more

Offline jared1970

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 10:19:04 PM »
Here's a reason: For a about $2000 you can go with the Holeshot upgrades, and make just as much power. How cool would be to have a Bandit that would keep up with a Busa? When/if  I get a Bandit, that's exactly what I plan on doing. You can check it out at www.holeshot.com. Seems a lot cheaper than buying a Busa, and you'll get to keep your Bandit.
'06 Suzuki Boulevard M50
1983 Honda CB900 Custom (soon to be an 1123 :) )

Offline Swamp Rat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 10:27:57 PM »
They must grow some good weed up there in Cedar Rapids!
Brian
20003 1200s
2001 Drz 400e

Offline Wooddog

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 12:31:29 AM »
Ok, the Busa is a lot faster! But is it $9,000. DOLLARS Faster? I dont think so!  And your  Insurance is more than likely going to triple.  And at the end of the day when the NEW has worn off, you will still owe all that money.
Wooddog- CMA
2002-BANDIT 1200s

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 01:41:44 AM »
i hear next year it will be a 1600 somthing busa
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 10:43:17 AM »
Here's why I don't want one . . .

1. They're the most popular sportbike to bling out - sorta making them the HD of the sportbike world.

2. They're like Trans-Ams were in the 80's... you had to have one to be cool or with the in crowd.

3. They're fugly. (Actually, this is my #1 reason.)

Quote from: "jared1970"
Here's a reason: For a about $2000 you can go with the Holeshot upgrades, and make just as much power. How cool would be to have a Bandit that would keep up with a Busa? When/if I get a Bandit, that's exactly what I plan on doing. You can check it out at www.holeshot.com. Seems a lot cheaper than buying a Busa, and you'll get to keep your Bandit.
Quote from: "Swamp Rat"
They must grow some good weed up there in Cedar Rapids!

If you did all the work yourself, you probably could build a B12 to be as quick as a 'Busa for $2000. You certainly could for half of the price difference between Daytona's trade-in price and OTD 'Busa price.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 10:56:54 AM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
i hear next year it will be a 1600 somthing busa

Where'd ya hear that? There's been rumors floating for a couple years that a new Busa is just around the corner, but it keeps failing to materialize. (The ones I've read peg the engine size at ~1400cc.) No spy photos and few artist concepts. The concepts I've seen are from outside sources merely speculating what it might look like. I'm thinking now with the new Kawi ZZR/ZX14, Suzuki will fire back with a new and improved Hayabusa, but they shouldn't have to bump up to a 1600 to do that. Besides, Kawi claims their new "Busa beater" still doesn't violate the 300 KPH gentlemen's agreement... off the showroom floor anyway. Not to say a few minor tweeks wouldn't put it well over the top though.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 03:56:13 PM »
dragracing buddy with bling bling busa's!LOL
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Too late for sound judgment!!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 07:15:50 PM »
Well folks! Everything pointed me to trade her in.. Almost shed a tear  :crybaby: as TJ the sales guy rode her around to the used bike pen. I washed it, drenched it with my armorall clean all solution, took a leisurely 30 mile ride to Deland Zukster Dealer! It ran great just like always, was way down on reserve (just happened that way) $11,100.00 tx, title, tag, 3 yr extended warranty & carbon fibre stickons for tank,For a Blue & silver 06 Busa. Got 3 for the old girl. Can't say much about anything yet with 30 miles under the tires. The ride position isn't bad! It puts a bit more stress on your wrists! But all else feels comfy. 6 gears keeping it @ 5k rpm's or under and just like the Bandit its only a though away of got er done with speed, passing etc. New pipe smell gets gone & new soundier mufflers (or muffler) and i think i may like it almost as much as!! Next question is CAN I STAY? I'm selling my Truder too does that count. Any one interested? If you are coming down to Daytona for bike races etc Buy it,ride it while your here! Tag can be left on for your stay! Just a thought! 2001 1400 corbin seat, sissy bar ext, drag pipes, carb needles. Hauls a$$!! 8600 miles! 1 ding on the tank under the flag sticker from a bad golfer's ball off the 5th tee $$#$# AM I PUSHING MY LUCK?? Surfed the Busa club on web last night for answers! They can't hold a 10mm to this site!! :sad:

http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture0037pa.jpg  busa

http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture0050gk.jpg   Intruder
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/8792/picture0064mp.jpg

Dont know what that is on seat? but its just the picture! #1 except for the ding...

Offline banditII

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 08:25:30 PM »
Congradulations on the new Busa there Daytona!  I had a busa once myself.  I think it was an 02 model, silver on silver.  At that time I was having trouble with my hands going numb on it so I sold with only 1500 miles on the odometer.  It is a wicked fast bike, especially once you get it over 6K rpm.  Seems like it makes peak torque around 6K to 6.5K rpm and peak power around 9500 rpm, so that tells you where to shift to make max time.  The busa is well engineered in the way it delivers power, pretty linear really.  Plenty of low end but still has a raging top end.  I remember it would violently throw me back in all six gears.  Be careful though, it really is sneaky fast.  The salesman who sold me mine later told me that it's the number one death bike, that is, more people die on that bike as a percentage of owners than any other.  That was back in 02 though.
Riding motorcycles..........and loving it! :-)

Warren

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 10:16:33 AM »
Sure, we'll let you stay. How could we say no when we've let traitors who bought Speed Triples, VFR's, ZRX's, FZ1's and who knows what else stay?
At least it's still a Suzuki - even if it is an Eye-abuser.  :wink:

:congrats: on your new ride! May you always keep the shiney side up and get many miles of enjoyment out of it.

I still think they're fugly though...  :stickpoke:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)