Author Topic: Hey Manny - New Aprilia 450 Supermoto & 550 Enduro  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Hey Manny - New Aprilia 450 Supermoto & 550 Enduro
« on: October 01, 2005, 10:09:33 PM »
Quote from: "Raptors & Rockets"

Aprilia SXV and RXV, competition spec V-twin’s for the road

Aprilia has competed with the 450cc in-house developed v-twin for well over a year now. The press has long speculated that the engine would be used in new road models but Aprilia has categorically denied this would ever happen. Aprilia told us last year that the engine would not be suitable in a road machine due to high maintenance. The 450cc engine revs very high and redlines at 13.000rpm. Peak power is a claimed 60bhp for the road version which is virtually the same as on the race bike. Both SXV and RXV will come with Whole Vehicle Type Approval, which means it has lights, indicators and even mirrors.  The SXV will be a hardcore supermotard with the 450cc engine and the RXV will be an equally hardcore enduro with a 550cc V-twin. Stripped of the road kits both bikes are expected to be competitive race bikes out of the crate. Just look at that gorgeous frame, swingarm and exhaust. The SXV comes with Dunlop D208RR’s in 120/70-17 and 180/55-17. Just from the tyre choice it is obvious this will be a supermoto with serious horsepower and cornering abilities. The rubber is actually better than the standard D208’s that Yamaha use on their R1 with more than 170bhp. The SVX also gets radial Brembo brakes and wavy brake discs. Suddenly that new Tuono might have to wait…  The RXV comes with Michelin Enduro knobbly tyres.  

Aprilia told us that in the recent non-championship Alp d'Huez, Jerome Giraudo used the production engine, which makes a claimed 60 bhp, in his factory chassis and pronounced it "trez bien".

Production is due to commence in Noale in October and the first bikes is expected in the UK the first or second week of November. The price for the SXV 4.5 will be £6370 (€9.000). At the moment these are all the details until the bikes are officially launched.

Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline B12Teuton

• Board Homesteader!
Hey Manny - New Aprilia 450 Supermoto & 550 Enduro
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 08:26:50 AM »
Yup, them's pretty badass!

I was actually just at my local Aprilia dealer this weekend talking with them about it.
I'm just not sure I want to spend $8-9 grand on one, which is probably what they'll go for here. :roll:
Manny
ATGATT (all the gear all the time!)
2006 KTM450XC Thump-whore