Author Topic: Holeshot  (Read 3632 times)

jamala00

Holeshot
« on: April 12, 2009, 10:05:57 PM »
I just wanted to give a shout out to Dale at Holeshot. I just put his stage one tune-up on my 07 Bandit. I am
running it with the Yosh TRS slip-On.. What a great upgrade. Bike sounds great, runs so smooth.. Worth every penny..
The individual help Dale provides is unbelievable... :bikeflip:

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Holeshot
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 10:56:56 PM »
Yep yep...

There was a thread awhile back here with a few people stating that those of us who support Dale's products are essentially mindless robots under some sort of hypno-control.

But even though I have only purchased 2 fairly minor Holeshot products... I gotta like a guy who will give so much personal support and be so involved in a bike that is 'non-existant' in most motorcycle conversations.

One of the Holeshot items I bought used from another Bandit owner... the carb sync gauges.... Dale still spent 15 minutes on the phone with me to give me exact instructions on the best way to sync my carbs.  And he was the one who offered, I didn't ask him for help.

You just can't go wrong with Bandit + Holeshot.

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 02:57:33 PM »
When i first added a holeshot slip-on and the stage 1 jet kit, my throttle response increased tenfold and the bike actually went UP to 47mpg.  :clap:

Now i have every holeshot mod he sells, including the 1216cc kit, and he has been awesome about giving tips and help whenever we got stuck.  Im not a fanboy of any make/model/shop, but i have nothing but the highest regards for Holeshot products.
Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

Offline tango59

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:03:15 PM »
I did the Holeshot stage I and a Yosh TRS as well. Made a world of difference. You can't beat the Holeshot products (tested and tuned bike specific) and the service you get. How many company owners call YOU.

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 11:22:33 PM »
I just wanted to give a shout out to Dale at Holeshot.:bikeflip:

I'm gonna be the odd one out here! look out now! :roll:...While I found his products OK, not great, but OK, I found him, more often than not to be condescending in tone, especially when he was asked whats he means by something he said earlier, that you are "expected to understand" sort of thing.

There was the occasional time I found him helpful, but few and far between.

I personally, along with Bazza, had very little success with his stage 1 jet kit, (consideration for edmonton altitude also) no matter how much consul we/I had with Dale and no matter what we tried (and we tried a helluva alot of various setting according to Dales advisement).

His pipe was ok, but I was never really satisfied with it, some that saw and heard it, loved it, although, some didn't care for it
at all!. Dont get me wrong, It looks nice, sounds nice, but ...well...It aint all THAT!..(living up to the hype:annoy:
This is partly why I'm going back to Stock settings, with Stock pipe. I'm done with the mods thing!- other than cosmetic.

Now before anyone goes rushing to Dales defense, keep in mind, this is just MY and BAZZAS personal experience, and NO, we did not do anything to annoy Dale. :no-no:
SNUBNOSE, Alberta, Canada
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
Sw Motech rear rack - V46 Top case
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends
007 special license plate feature ;)

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 09:51:45 AM »
Any vendor can have an off-day with regards to customer service.  The problem comes into play when "you" don't receive the type of service that is so often reported with a particular vendor.  It sucks and you feel a little cheated especially when it occurs AFTER the sale on the same phone call.  The sting of that one off-day can linger around for quite a while - a reminder to all vendors.
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 02:49:35 PM »
Any vendor can have an off-day with regards to customer service.  The problem comes into play when "you" don't receive the type of service that is so often reported with a particular vendor.  It sucks and you feel a little cheated especially when it occurs AFTER the sale on the same phone call.  The sting of that one off-day can linger around for quite a while - a reminder to all vendors.

Further to compound the aggravation, is that the "off day" this vendor had , seemed to coincidentally re-surface whenever we talked, any day, on a particular subject matter, in this case, the jet kit....must just be a co-incidence... right? :shrug:

SNUBNOSE, Alberta, Canada
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
Sw Motech rear rack - V46 Top case
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends
007 special license plate feature ;)

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!

Offline Blade

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.billsbikesnservice.com
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 11:31:26 PM »
I just wanted to give a shout out to Dale at Holeshot.:bikeflip:

I'm gonna be the odd one out here! look out now! :roll:...While I found his products OK, not great, but OK, I found him, more often than not to be condescending in tone, especially when he was asked whats he means by something he said earlier, that you are "expected to understand" sort of thing.

There was the occasional time I found him helpful, but few and far between.

I personally, along with Bazza, had very little success with his stage 1 jet kit, (consideration for edmonton altitude also) no matter how much consul we/I had with Dale and no matter what we tried (and we tried a helluva alot of various setting according to Dales advisement).

His pipe was ok, but I was never really satisfied with it, some that saw and heard it, loved it, although, some didn't care for it
at all!. Dont get me wrong, It looks nice, sounds nice, but ...well...It aint all THAT!..(living up to the hype:annoy:
This is partly why I'm going back to Stock settings, with Stock pipe. I'm done with the mods thing!- other than cosmetic.

Now before anyone goes rushing to Dales defense, keep in mind, this is just MY and BAZZAS personal experience, and NO, we did not do anything to annoy Dale. :no-no:

I am sorry you had a problem with your experience with Dale and you are the first that I have heard this from. 

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 10:58:12 AM »
... you are the first that I have heard this from. 

There's been others - some vocal and some not so vocal.  :annoy:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 04:56:37 PM »
I've been a big fan of holeshot for a while.  I have a low and high mount exhaust, stage 1 kit, timing advancer, and rear foot peg removal bracket.  I haven't had a complaint to voice as of yet.   :clap:
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!