Author Topic: Home for vacation  (Read 1650 times)

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
Home for vacation
« on: September 08, 2006, 10:47:05 AM »
I am back from Korea for a few weeks and I am soooo looking forward to riding the B12.  I started going thru my checks yesterday and found one of my rear turn signals wasn't working.  Nothing a little solder couldn't fix on a connector.  All I have to do today is put some air in the tires and off I go.  Actually it is off to the tax assessor to regrister my bike and then to the shop to get a safety inspection done.   :motorsmile:
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Home for vacation
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 12:29:35 PM »
Welcome home! I'm looking forward to my own return home, but when I do get there, around Christmas, the weather will not be so favorable, but I guarantee, I'll be out there as soon as there's a dry day!
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
Home for vacation
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 02:24:19 PM »
It felt soooo nice to go for a quick ride.  I noticed that my inspection sticker is still good, so I didn't bother with it today.  I first went and registered it and then decided to go for a quick ride.  I took it easy and kept it below 141 mph.  I have forgotten how fast it gets up there.  I got on the on-ramp and with a slight twist of the throttle, I found myself doing 110 mph when I reached the end of the on-ramp. :banana:   I must admit that the bike did fairly well for sitting for 9 months.  I had to use a bit of choke to get it started and it ran rough for a bit.  But once I was in a position to give it a little twist, it really started to come back to life.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!