Author Topic: I almost pooped myself!  (Read 3606 times)

Offline wizzobeer

• Board Homesteader!
I almost pooped myself!
« on: March 23, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »
So I just finished installing a stage 1 jet kit and slip on from Holeshot. I was pretty excited that I was able to do all of this on my own and correctly (I thinK0. I mean there were no extra parts at the end so it musty be right, right? Anyhow I rolled the bike out of the garage and into the alley. Took it nice and slow, there is still a bit of ice on the road. Got to the corner, turned onto the road and cracked the throttle like I normally do. As a rule I am a fairly aggressive rider at the start, then gradually become more conservative as the ride progresses. Well hot damn if Janis ('06 1200, Red) didn't try and walk away without me! I rear tire spun a bit in its place, almost a rolling burnout, fish tailed a bit before getting its line. Anyhow I pulled over, got my nerves back before going for a nice little romp. The bike ran great, I think. There is a weird sucking noise happening every once and awhile, from carb 3. I think it may be out of sync but am not sure. Anyhow I have a new found respect for my lady and look forward to really testing out her new performance.

:beers:

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
Re: I almost pooped myself!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 06:40:17 PM »
So I just finished installing a stage 1 jet kit and slip on from Holeshot. I was pretty excited that I was able to do all of this on my own and correctly (I thinK0. I mean there were no extra parts at the end so it musty be right, right? Anyhow I rolled the bike out of the garage and into the alley. Took it nice and slow, there is still a bit of ice on the road. Got to the corner, turned onto the road and cracked the throttle like I normally do. As a rule I am a fairly aggressive rider at the start, then gradually become more conservative as the ride progresses. Well hot damn if Janis ('06 1200, Red) didn't try and walk away without me! I rear tire spun a bit in its place, almost a rolling burnout, fish tailed a bit before getting its line. Anyhow I pulled over, got my nerves back before going for a nice little romp. The bike ran great, I think. There is a weird sucking noise happening every once and awhile, from carb 3. I think it may be out of sync but am not sure. Anyhow I have a new found respect for my lady and look forward to really testing out her new performance.

:beers:

Sucking noise- vacuum leak?
SNUBNOSE, Alberta, Canada
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
Sw Motech rear rack - V46 Top case
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends
007 special license plate feature ;)

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 08:46:11 PM »
 :thumb: good job.
wait till ya go stage 3 :yikes:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline wizzobeer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 09:47:05 PM »
Yup it was a vacuum leak!

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »
Toss in a set of GSXR 750 cams and hang on!!!! :congrats:
02 1200 Fighter
Do chickens fly? Yea and a Hell of a lot faster than reindeer!!!!

Offline Blade

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.billsbikesnservice.com
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 12:32:14 AM »
With only a slip on, I would recommend only the intake cam.

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 08:41:26 PM »
Janis? Sucking noise? Isn't that where the "Chrome off a trailer hitch" saying came from? :clap:
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!