Author Topic: I WANTA RIDE I WANTA RIDE IWANTA RIDE  (Read 3188 times)

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
I WANTA RIDE I WANTA RIDE IWANTA RIDE
« on: December 14, 2006, 08:42:03 PM »
i JUST LIKE THAT hONDA COMERCIAL
  But I did get to ride today!Between rain and snow or snow and rain or it gets nice and I'm at work!(I'm not com-plaining, I like it when I don't have to work in crappy weather too.)But it all worked out that I had the afternoon off ( after watching the grandson)(whewww!) yada yada put the insulated Cahrharts on instead of the leathers(perferated front) and head south east through NY southern tier. (topped the tank off @ the shop with the can that said DO NOT USE, thats the race gas!)On the way back from my 100 mile ride that didn't take very long,I stopped at the Suz. dealer to pick up a shield (gift certificate ) for my Aria. Said hello to Gary in his office(top dog) and he said he just got in a 2003 SV1000s on trade.So I left him @ his office and had a sales woman(cute) show me the where abouts. So seeing as my 100 miles went so quick I asked if I can take it for a ride.I already was dressed and ready, while she was looking for a plate I adjusted tire preasure and off I went for another ride. I don't know if they thought I was going around the block or what? But I put on about 60-70 miles.Ha Ha!
  At first I had a hard time finding my shift or back brake lever wth my big work boots. Legs are tucked in tighter and they just didn't seem to be positioned where I wanted them. (seems like it was missing on 2 cylinders)ha ha. Just didn't seem to have the pull as the Bandit but if I looked down @ the speedo I was crusin' right along. The more I rode it the more I got used to it. And when I got back they all wanted to know how I liked it. Well I didn't really notice the difference as much till I got back on my Bandit. It felt  like getting on a big dirt bike (ergos wise)compaired to the SV. I like the brute power of the Bandit, but I also like the way  the front feels planted on the SV. I havn't told the wife yet.....wonder how that will go???I really think I'd fall for the SV better if they let me take another test ride tommorw,what-do ya-think. I'll take a card I ,might need to gas up a couple of X.HEHEHE.
  Don't know what I'll do,but I sure had a blast today!
                    Dan

Offline banditII

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 02:51:49 PM »
Glad you got in some seat time there Dan!  I like those SV1000's too.  Never ridden one though.  Good luck with the decision.
Riding motorcycles..........and loving it! :-)

Warren

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 01:06:24 AM »
A mid-December ride in Erie?  Life is good!  I certainly wouldn't kick an SV1K out of my garage!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 09:41:29 AM »
I told my wife about my ride on the SV,and we agreed that after just spending 3K on a inclosed trailer,and 2K on paying my school taxes that it would be a good idea to hold off on buying a bike. ( I'm wiped out for now) .
  So thats the plan, out of curtisy, I stopped in to tell them just that. But befor ya know it, I put a $100. down and signed a bunch of papers. (Maybe it was the charm of the pretty sales woman,or the charm of the SV or the pull of the full moon. Wait a min. there was no full moon!) And how the hell m I gonna come up w/5K?
  So know I'm the proud owner of a 2003 SV1000 w/ 13,700 miles  (not pd. for yet)and still owner of a bad ass 98 Bandit,and my buddy is bringing in his 87 500 VFR today so I can start race prepping it.
   I havn't felt much like fighting, my wife has been in a good mood.So I havn't told her yet. I think I'll hold off till after the holidays. She did say I could get one next yr.Hey! next yr. isn't that far away!   Dan

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 09:44:42 AM »
Dead man walking!  (oh wait... you're not married to MY wife, are you?)

:congrats:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 10:45:56 AM »
I may have to sleep on the couch at the bike shop

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 05:20:57 PM »
No more Deals Gap 4 U! Dude your livin on the edge!!   :duh:  :congrats:  :bigok:  :beers:  :motorsmile:

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 10:37:50 PM »
You are playing with fire with that decision.  :stickpoke: I personally have always paid cash for my bikes, including my B12 which I bought new.  If you get away with it, then more power to you.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 11:03:20 PM »
Can that SV do anything better than your Bad A$$ B12? I hear more stories about those puttin ya on the deck for no reason. You don't need no stinking SV!   :stickpoke:  :motorsmile:

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 02:43:25 AM »
I like the looks of the SV also and have the money to buy one cash but when I really think about it why do I need an extra motorcycle just because its nice to have when my 05 B12 already does more for the 49 year old then is necessary. Same for my Suzy DRZ400s, it not a KTM450EXC but it has a good enough plush ride on the desert trails and washes to suit me. Same goes for my Suzy 250 Ozark which is not a Honda 500x but gets me in the canyons to find the quail I need. Lastly my Yamaha Vino 125 as scooters go its not a Majesty 600 but it gets me down to the corner to pick up the six pack without firing up the B12. You have to use your money to maximize fun in different areas not overlap in an area you already are taken care of don’t need it. Its like buying two different modles of 1/2 inch drill guns instead of one drill gun and one skill saw so you can accomplish more with the same money.
 :idea:  :?:

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 09:21:43 AM »
SV update: While working in Cleveland this week, I called Cycle City and told them I had to reverse the sale,I won't have any $ for awhile. I still will need $ for 06 1040! The salesman said, "Gary trust you like his own father and besides they want me to tile the new store that will be breaking ground in spring."(BIG)So he wnted me to think on it a couple days. So in the mean time I comunicated with my wife. Told ner the deal on the SV and that my buddy had a bike for me to race this season. She doesn't like the racing idea at all! (no hosital ins, can't afford to be out of work healing my wounds,all the sensible stuff) But she called me back later on the SV and said I could buy it next yr(only a week away)or if I didn't have to come up w/ $ for a yr.(I translated that to go ahead) So I told them that I could pay them out of my side jobs through out the yr.And The new building that will be going up in spring is huge. If I sell the tile, the sale should take care of whatever I owe. And I can still make $ on the labor. Yesterday was rainny so I had them deliver the bike to the bike shop where I can park it next to the Bandit.And I squeaked them for a set of Qualifiers! $5500.  YA BABBY! :banana: Merry X-mas to me.

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 09:26:42 AM »
YA  :congrats:  :bigok:  :beers: Now save the $ for a dig!! cause!! :worthless:

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 06:26:41 PM »
Quote from: "Daytona"
YA  :congrats:  :bigok:  :beers: Now save the $ for a dig!! cause!! :worthless:

Your right Reg,I should have one anyhow for befor & after pics on the marble floors I resuface & polish. I should get one befor the yrs. end and write it off.  Good idea!
  And I took the bike out today after helping clean the house. Its about freezing not taking in affect the wind chill. Feels like low 20s. So I optted fpr the insulated Carharts instead of the leathers. Just getting to know her(the bike) better. I took some back roads w/ a few twisties (alot of crap on the roads) to a main road (the flats that run over a swamp) toward my favorite stech that twist through NY/PA borders. And I found out how good the brakes work when I came upon a state trooper. He said it only took about second to get from 86 to 60mph. And I forgot my wallett in my other coat. (But I know my drivers #) Well Merry X-mas to me again, the nice young man gave me a warning after I came back clean. Then when I asked wich bariks he works out of I told him to tell a buddy hello. He just happened to be working with him that day (same shift but the south side today) .
  So I tried to take it easy on the way back, fingers,even though I had shnowmobile gloves on were getting numb.
 I still went on 1/2 the NY route, I just wanted to ride past the ski resort on a motorcycle while pepole were skiing down the slopes. All is well here,happy holidays to all,
              Dan