Author Topic: Bleeding tractor...  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Steve

• Board Homesteader!
Bleeding tractor...
« on: June 05, 2005, 06:14:06 AM »
When the guys here in the Pacific Northwest went out for a ride a couple of week ago, I flew to Des Moines IA and picked up a R100rs and rode it back home.

Had great weather for almost all of the trip, here is a shot taken in the Badlands of South Dakota.

Yellowstone was the only problem weather wise, it snowed and hailed and was in general a very beautiful piece of hell.

The bike was not all that I had hoped, I had a few problems on the way home. Fuel leaking from the left carb onto my boot and the header caused delays and later I realized that my starting problems were due to a stripped out spark plug...

That has just provided me with a chance to clean things up a bit.

Anyway, the bike displayed tremendous spirit getting me home although running so poorly, I traveled 892 miles the last day, from Ennis Montana to home, Edmonds WA. Now I have a fun project that will result in a nice addition to my garage. I have to credit discussion on this board for getting me interested about getting a boxer again, they hold a special charm for those that appreciate them..."bleeding tractors" as one of ours once said.

Steve
Primer Grey b12S

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: Bleeding tractor...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 06:37:23 PM »
Quote from: "Steve"
Had great weather for almost all of the trip, here is a shot taken in the Badlands of South Dakota.

I see you managed to catch some squid in jeans and a T-shirt in that pic.  :wink:

Nice classic Boxer... that's gotta be my all-time favorite BMW - before their styling got quirky and reliabilty started to suffer.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)