Author Topic: Just bought new '05 1200S  (Read 5581 times)

Offline SHREDDER

• Board Homesteader!
Just bought new '05 1200S
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2006, 01:04:31 AM »
I would have to agree with BHOLLAND modifications are like a drug, very addictive!  Be careful. :sparkplug:
Ride on!

Offline Old_n_Slow

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2006, 04:56:57 PM »
Congrats on the new ride. The blue and white ones are the fastest, don't you know? I've had mine for 10 months now, the wife comes along, too, on some weekend rides and some just for fun let's get outta here rides, and to date the only necessity we have to have (other than proper gear of course) is a tank bag. We use a Cortech mini bag, the magnetic one, and it carries everything we need for a day.

I also have a Corbin gunfighter & lady with a backrest, she really appreciates that but says it's not mandatory (it IS if I want to keep her happy). We also occasionally use a set of Cortech sport bags, if we think we'll need to pick something up or if we want to leave our jackets with the bike when go exploring off bike. Other than that, anything else is personalized farkelizing, not necessary but a lot of fun!

:congrats:
2009 KLR 650
2006 ST 1300

"you live and learn, or you don't live long"

Offline banditII

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 08:30:35 PM »
From what I've read, the holeshot system with exhaust, jet kit and filter will add 20+ hp on the top end, just not 20 more peak horses.  Where the power curve on the stock bike falls off dramatically on the top end, the holeshot or equivelant system allows it to make a bunch more hp on top.  So, just semi guessing from memory, where the stock bike might make 80 hp at 10 - 11K rpm the aftermarket stuff might be pumping 100hp at 10K+ rpm.  

Also, be sure to leave a decent amount of slack in your chain when you adjust it, especially if you ride two up.  Bandits are a pain to get the chain adjusted right.  You get it adjusted then sit on the bike and then the chain is way too tight.  Other posts have adressed all this I believe.

Warren
Riding motorcycles..........and loving it! :-)

Warren

Offline LittleDH173

• Board Regular!
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 08:47:59 PM »
I have had mine for just over ayear now and I wanted so bad to jump in and get some things for it but resisted. I did a couple of things like a chain oiler and fork lights as sort of nescessities. I told myself 6 months or 5K miles until I modded anything unless something was unbearably uncomfortable.  I just recently completed putting on my full Hindle exhaust and stage 1 along with a new pair of Diablo Stradas, rides like I added another cylinder. :lol:
Steven S.

1993 Suzuki VX800
2005 Suzuki 1200SZ Bandit
1981 Honda CB900F
1994 CB250 NightHawk
2004 DR650SE
2008 TRX250EX

http://www.bikepics.com/members/littledh173/

Offline banditII

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 10:32:44 PM »
Yeah, I've been tempted to do some engine mods too.  So far I've left my 05 B-12 stock except for throttle meister, zero gravity S.T. screen, heated grips and elect outlet.  I also put on some Diablo Strada's.  I think I'm going to like the tires.  As long as I have my ZX9 I'll probably leave the Bandit engine alone.
Riding motorcycles..........and loving it! :-)

Warren